F1 2015 Throttle Linearity / Brake Linearity

F1 2015 The Game (Codemasters)
I am going to hazard an educated guess ......... :)

Whether it's the brakes or the throttle (or any other wheels setting) :

Saturation - How far the pedal actually travels to reach full throttle/braking

Linearity - How quickly the throttle or brake gets there (100%). How responsive it is.

If you had true linearity then the pedal would be at zero when your not touching the pedal, 50% when halfway down, and 100% when fully down.

If you vary the linearity, then the brakes or throttle maybe at 60% at half travel, and 90% at 70% travel.

I stole these images for a quick example, and painted over them, they are not deadly accurate :-

Linear - Pedal halfway - Throttle 50%

linear-1.jpg

Non-Linear - Pedal 1/3 way - Throttle 50%

non-linear-1.jpg

So you can see in the bottom image ('ish) that with the pedal only moved 1/3 your at half throttle/brake. So the pedal is very responsive, but if you don't have good foot control, you could lock your brakes with a relatively small amount of movement, or wheel-spin if it's the throttle. You will also hit 100% or pretty close to it with your pedal just over half-way.

I hope this get the point across ........ and that I'm correct :cautious: :D

Last edited:
Good question, I don't know the shape of the linearity curve when it comes to brakes/throttle but the statement below came from Codemasters, when asked about Steering in F1 2015 :-

Raising linearity in F1 2015, will make it turn slower near the centre, could be helpful to those wheels that have very small amount of degrees of rotation, so it can make the steering less twitchy by raising the steering linearity

By that statement it looks like if you raise linearity = Less responsive

So I assume that's true for the pedals also :)

Hi, Im sure I read some time ago that you got a Thrustmaster T300, I have a Tx Ferrari 458 Italia and if you are using the stock pedals they look to be very similar/same.

I have been trying to drive F1 2015 on these with Abs off and traction control off as well, I have found that the settings that work best for me are :- Throttle 0 deadzone and 100 linearity, this seems to slow down the throttle response and I spin up the rear a lot less.
Strangely for the brake I have found that running 0 deadzone and 0 linearity gives me better brake control, I did try the brake at 100 linearity as well but I was locking up on every single corner, now with it at 0 I find that I have slightly more control (less lock ups)

with these setting the pedals work better for me but I still think I need better pedals or some pixie dust for my lead boots.

I am just getting back into F1 2015 after a hiatus since early November (longest break in any of the F1 series since they first came out.. pCars mainly to blame for that). I currently have the linearity and saturation for both throttle and brake very low, less than 10 I think off the top of my head and for both I have zero deadzone. I am using the Thrustmaster Italia TX and I know from the calibration screen in pCars that the throttle seems to already have a very big deadzone already. I can push it probably a third of the way down before there is any movement of the calibration meter. The brake is not so bad but still there is a fair bit of movement before anything happens.

So the range of the throttle for instance is much smaller than you initially believe with all the 'action' taking place in about the last two-thirds of the travel (maybe even less than that i'll have to re-check it). So with that in mind am I right i thinking that the lower linearity and saturation is the correct way to go?

I am not having any particular problems with either but like to know I have things set correctly rather than just working with something that is not optimum.

I am just getting back into F1 2015 after a hiatus since early November (longest break in any of the F1 series since they first came out.. pCars mainly to blame for that). I currently have the linearity and saturation for both throttle and brake very low, less than 10 I think off the top of my head and for both I have zero deadzone. I am using the Thrustmaster Italia TX and I know from the calibration screen in pCars that the throttle seems to already have a very big deadzone already. I can push it probably a third of the way down before there is any movement of the calibration meter. The brake is not so bad but still there is a fair bit of movement before anything happens.

So the range of the throttle for instance is much smaller than you initially believe with all the 'action' taking place in about the last two-thirds of the travel (maybe even less than that i'll have to re-check it). So with that in mind am I right i thinking that the lower linearity and saturation is the correct way to go?

I am not having any particular problems with either but like to know I have things set correctly rather than just working with something that is not optimum.
Soon as the F1 season gets going the juices start flowing again,i'm back on it again.:thumbsup:

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 26 22.6%
  • More leagues

Votes: 24 20.9%
  • Prizes

Votes: 22 19.1%
  • Trophies

Votes: 12 10.4%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 6 5.2%