This is how you can stream deck in VR.

metalnwood

Premium
I posted this over on the iracing forums but I know not everyone is there and thought it might be of interest so some of you. It's not a stream deck of course, it's one of the tablet based ones and I am having very good success with it.

With the tablet mirrored to the computer and an overlay in VR presenting the screen at the same point in space as the real tablet you often point at the virtual tablet and hit the correct button on the real one. This is not guaranteed and the actual way to use it is to touch the screen and then drag your finger to the right button. This is quite quick and nothing really in it compared to normal buttons. (1M 07 seconds show me not hitting button and then dragging, which would be the more normal case) You can see in the overlay that there is apointer on the screen where my finger is so I know where to drag.

It does give you the advantage of a programmable button box.. This quick demo was after using it for about 30 minutes. I expect to be fairly proficient with hitting what I want most of the time. Remember, during this I have my VR on and never see the actual tablet.

I am just playing around with going for random buttons here, I think once I may hav pressed what I didnt want by getting cocky because I was having good success.

That is very cool!

Could you show what you used to make this work.

I found this video showing similar functionality, but it's from 2017. Could you share what you are using right now if it is different from what is shown in the video below?

Scraped off the YouTube video text above.

FOR APPLE (iOS) USERS: Apowersoft ►https://www.apowersoft.com/iphone-ipa... First you will just need to open up the program on your PC. Then, turn on your iPhone or iPad and scroll up, tap 'Screen Mirroring' and then tap 'Apowersoft[PCName]' to display the screen on your PC. I recommend keeping 'Auto-Lock' set to 'Never' within 'Settings' on your device.

FOR ANDROID USERS: TeamViewer Host app (download to your android device) ►https://play.google.com/store/apps/de... From there you will create an account that you will use to sign into on the website below. TeamViewer Website ►https://login.teamviewer.com/LogOn From there you click 'connect' next to the android device to open the TeamViewer app. Now you'll be ready to mirror your screen!

I found this as well using SimHub.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I am using a free piece of software for mirroring. It's called 'scrcpy' and google will take you to github where it lives. It is for android.

I am settling on some software called touch portal for making the virtual button box as it is reasonably advanced with a couple nice features like vjoy. It doesn't do any gauges with telemetry but as I am already in VR I just use the car or other game overlay.

Upvote 0
I think it's easier to use a button box with real buttons. If it's not very complex, you can put your fingers on it and know what button you are pushing. I use a layout of 9 buttons (3 rows and 3 columns). I have an image with a description of every function. It can be displayed in Windows or in Content Manager (AC) with Autohotkey. However, in the game itself it is not possible, so I do it by replacing the AC logo .png (for Assetto Corsa). I don't know how to display an overlay image over a Direct3D screen (if anyone knows, please tell me), so I'm using that little trick.

Upvote 0
I think it's easier to use a button box with real buttons. If it's not very complex, you can put your fingers on it and know what button you are pushing. I use a layout of 9 buttons (3 rows and 3 columns). I have an image with a description of every function. It can be displayed in Windows or in Content Manager (AC) with Autohotkey. However, in the game itself it is not possible, so I do it by replacing the AC logo .png (for Assetto Corsa). I don't know how to display an overlay image over a Direct3D screen (if anyone knows, please tell me), so I'm using that little trick.

Anything I need while I am driving I keep on real buttons, mostly on the wheel, a few on my hotas throttle while doesnt require me to take my eyes off the road. They are certainly easier to interact with. Both the wheel and hotas dont require any feeling, you are on it every time.

For me, this will fill another gap. Putting on many things that are not so important that I use from time to time.

While I wsa driving I was seeing how well I could interact with it. That would not be my plan usually. Basically it will let me map everything for a sim in organised pages - for example, every time I want to change a seat position in rfactor i map it and then delete the mapping and put it back to what it was. Now I can have that on all the time.

So it will fill a gap for me but not replace what already works well.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • More leagues

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Prizes

• Trophies