Thinking of a SLI-PRO

Thank you very much Julius. Will have a look how Team Viewer works between PC and S3. If it feels good I'll connect the PC with my Samsung-TV and try your advice. :thumbsup:

BTW: If connecting TV and PC isn't possible due to distance, would there be a trick to just simulate the 2nd screen?

how i do it.
my pc is connected to my tv. so i have 2 screens even though i only use one most of the time. my tv can be on standby while doing it (more or less off, needs just to be powered my pc still recognizes it as a second screen)

(i should add that i cant view my tv from where my simrig is - so its not an option to look over there)

the only application that goes on to my second screen is realtimetelemetry.

i have teamviewer on my main gaming pc and on my macbook. while racing my macbook is connected with teamviewer on to my second pc screen. so my macbook shows me my realtime telemetry app.

as far as i know there is an android app for teamviewer. could be possible to do it the same way.

good luck
julius

Silly question: If I use your methode, is my wife then able to watch TV when I race? Or does the TV have to have the correct source selected for the PC, so the PC accepts it as a running second monitor? If so, my wife would have to watch my telemetry on TV and I doubt she would like to do so. :D

Lol, how does she do it? For me it would be the opposite, because I would more likely look at my girl instead of telemetry, he, he. ;) (depending on amount of clothes)

Lol that can be a huge distraction but she likes racing too and she is interested in sim racing and would like to learn I how to race but she admits herself she doesn't feel comfortable to race against anyone yet as she is very new to sim racing.

Wow, didn't expect such a commitment from a girl friend. If I knew better I never would've joked. ;) :thumbsup: :D :roflmao: Once we notice a huge improvement in lap times at PrestoGP.com, we'll know she's driving secretly when you're not at home. :p (Arghhhh joking again, am I? :O_o:)

But honestly, encourage her to drive against others. It's the best lesson one can get. :thumbsup:

Haha secretly she drives all the time and I'm not comfortable to race :p but don't tell anyone ;)

She appreciated the advise and I think she will try but how do we do it under her name?

Can't do that either I'm afraid. rF2 stores its license/owner info in appdata, so multiple installations will share that too (I always keep one or two old builds installed), It's kinda frustrating. :(

Silly question: If I use your methode, is my wife then able to watch TV when I race? Or does the TV have to have the correct source selected for the PC, so the PC accepts it as a running second monitor? If so, my wife would have to watch my telemetry on TV and I doubt she would like to do so. :D

should work! at least it does for me i can be running tv or any other hdmi source, my pc still recognizes the tv as a second monitor. as i said, my tv can even be on standby. it needs to be powered and connected via hdmi and it should work. but experiences can differ i guess.
i personally dont know a trick to simulate a second monitor.

hope it works as well for you as for me. :thumbsup:

First of all: It works all great exactly like you described. :thumbsup: And I'm able to zoom on my S3 screen to show the wet percentages big enough. :)

However I seem to be too stupid to get real time telemetry running. :( It recognizes Race, because the name shows up, but it doesn't show the green hook and any data. Any ideas? My plr-file looks like this:

Half Rate="0" // 0 = super-high physics rate, 1 = normal
Data Acquisition Rate="10" // rates 1, 2 ,5, *10*, 20, 50, 100
Data Acquisition In Race="1"
Data Acquisition EXE=""
Data Acquisition File="userdata\vehicledata.spt"
MoTeC LogFolder="C:\MoTeC\Logged Data"
MoTeC Minimum Time="10" // minimum MoTeC recording time (sec)
MoTeC Multiple Logs="1" // generate unique filename for each new log

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 36 25.9%
  • More leagues

Votes: 28 20.1%
  • Prizes

Votes: 25 18.0%
  • Trophies

Votes: 15 10.8%
  • Forum trophies