1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The rFactor 2 MUST-HAVE list

Discussion in 'rFactor 2' started by Yapci, Nov 20, 2015.

1. Hi. Seen that rFactor2 official content can be not enough or not fit for everybody I would like that everyone post some car and or tracks so newbies like me (bought this on Sunday, 3 hours of gameplay aka tweaking) can see which content already exists and is optimized enough to download and give it a try!

Gonna keep the OP updated with the mods commented if you post download links (and are legal of course) to make it easier for everybody to find out!
  2. Gijs van Elderen

Gijs van Elderen
    Premium Member

• Like Like x 1
  3. I thought there was more valuable content than it is with the default steam install. I still haven't try it all so for me it's still soon to start the modding fest!
  4. rf2 on steam is just one week. Now every day comes something new to steam or racedepartment.

Just do a 5 lap race on each car/track combo. This will take ...

The real thing is not just jumping every day something new, the real thing is to master it.
    Try to master 5 clean laps with the BT-20 and the green hell without any helpers (ABS, track control etc)
    • Winner Winner x 2
  5. Rfactor2 exists since few years ago, and so does mods.

I don't like jumping from combo to combo, simply people can't hate or love some of the content/mod but if you don't know that it already exists (but you would love if it did) you are losing good content for yourself that maybe doesn't come with the original package.

And some may find fun in jumping from car to car. There may be some that find fun in hotlapping as I, for example, do. It's just a matter of tastes, and knowing that some mods exists may help some people to buy the game or spend more time in it, which at the end of the day benefits all of us simracers.
  6. In addition to Race Department and the ISI forum, also bookmark https://www.facebook.com/simracingforlife

For a solid start on the essential tracks:
    Oregon Raceway Park
    all VLM tracks
    all senormen tracks
    all feels3 tracks
    all mianiak tracks
    all Plickbadger tracks
    all RaceRfactor tracks
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. And don't forget about mr. shiet. While he's too humble to admit it himself, he's becoming quite the rF2 track author these days. :)
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Bela Valko

Bela Valko
    Premium Member

• Like Like x 2
  9. kamackeris

Premium Member

Right now for me it's the blancpain endurance series at mosport I love although I have just seen you have released Atlantic Road @Bela Valko... Which cars were using on that YouTube video of this track.?

Last night I had a quick spin at COTA which was fantastic. I just love this game!
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Yes, definitely Digga's tracks. Oulton Park is an essential, though I have a love-hate relationship with it (curse those chicanes!).