The .plr file

So been playing around in the the .plr and .exe file.
There are this line PostProcessEffect="0"
Changing it to "1" does nothing as it as soon you start again it gets back to "0"
Or is there something I am overlooking?

Use System Time="0"
That one work with a '1" and I had a great visual practice on Enna later afternoon here and on the track.
Would be great if we could select practice and/ or race time?

Race Start Hour="20"
Like the PostprocessEffects it gets reset to 20 as soon as you start the program again.
Even made a menu change for that
Gizmo="APP_SPINBOXSTARTHOUR"
{
Position=(200,410)
AttributeSet="SpinBox_MenuWide"
Caption1="RACE START TIME"
}
You can change the time fine but it gets overridden immediately back to "20" but assume 20 means nothing.

Anyone find a way to select practice or race time other way than set your computer clock?
or another other hidden feature?

Yes I know but it would be nice if you could do it on the fly.
And since it is able to read system clock before any practice, qualifying and none cup race there isn't any real reason why it is blocked!
With the little I have fiddled with the gmotor menu I do not see a way to start an external bat file or script to edit a track's practice and or qualifying time.?
Hoped somebody had a work around ?

• Deleted member 13397

i am not sure if this helps, but one version of the RACE ANALYZER by lusso, had a feat where not only you set the cars (skins) which take part in the race but also the track and the time of qualy & race (by changing it in the TRACK gdb)

another way would be, to implement the GTR2 time selection into the RACE menu (like the FINAL GEAR RATIO)

another way would be, to implement the GTR2 time selection into the RACE menu (like the FINAL GEAR RATIO)
I tried that
is how Gtr2 changes practice start time
Put it in practice.mmu and I thought I had it done but as I wrote it get over written by the .plr updates.

Using Final gear ratio and 'practice modification to the menu's that is how i got the idea to try other Gtr2 entries.

RACE ANALYZER by lusso

No download links anymore but I assume it is a external program anyway?

• Deleted member 13397

I tried that
is how Gtr2 changes practice start time
Put it in practice.mmu and I thought I had it done but as I wrote it get over written by the .plr updates.

Using Final gear ratio and 'practice modification to the menu's that is how i got the idea to try other Gtr2 entries.

sorry, did missunderstand that,

could you recheck with this KEYWORD:

AVOptions_SpinboxStartHour

No download links anymore but I assume it is a external program anyway?

yes it was external, but used it a lot, as was a better way to handle the CAR ID horror

Checked tings a little further.
PostProcessEffect="0"
Only an empty entry in the .Plr file.
Doesn't get read, only overwritten by .exe on updates.

Kind of same with
Race Start Hour="20"
Deleted the entry in the .exe so can now set the practice/ race start time with APP_SPINBOXSTARTHOUR
But unfortunately it gets ignored by game.

Really interested in this kind of game modding. I have been trying many ways to try to add some sort of pitcrew to the game. Only managed to add the pit marshal guiding you out of the garage by adding the code to the track animation file, but not to add anything when entering pits.
Added the options from GTR2 menu and edited .plr file, but it also gets reset by the game.
I think some kind of code is still there from GTR2, or at least the strings, but it is deactivated unfortunately.

I wish we had a game reverse engineering expert here to help us :D

I believe most of not all the code from Gtr2 is there.
Lots of code also from fc1 and rf1 that are not used
Recall somewhere here on RD Mark Reynolds the physics guy behind Race 07, said they had a complete new animated pit crew made but somebody decided it was too hard on FPS !

I wish we had a game reverse engineering expert here to help us

Me too!
But as they say 'even a blind chicken can find corn' so i continue poking around :)

A solution to set practice time as you want!
in the .PLR file set the parameter
Use System Time ="1" it defaults to "0"
Download Runasdate:

I copied to the folder of a copy of my race 07 steam install .
run it and browse to the exe you want to intercept in this case Race_Steam.exe.
Clear all selected settings and set time you want the practice to run at.
click run and race 07 starts.

Now it isn't a very elegant solution kind of a kludge but it works!
Will not influence system time or any other apps call to get system time.

Better option would be to read a setting from the menu!

Call out to anyone that got even a little experience with Visual C!
Got links to resources that might make that an option.!

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.