1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The FX-i1

Discussion in 'Formula 1' started by Bram, Oct 19, 2011.

1. Bram

Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

2. Mohameddo-san

F1 Sim Racer & #1 St. Bernard Lover on RD Premium Member

I've said it before and I will say it again: someone please make and rFactor mod out of this. This mod would be the best thing since sliced bread.
  3. Chris Jenkins

Chris Jenkins
    Driving til the wheels fall off

That looks awesome!

Shame it would never come to light though.
    There were too many concerns over the rise in cockpit temperature and how long it would take to get out in the event of a fire.
  4. Looks wrong in my opinion. On top of that, it adds more safety concerns such as trying to get the driver out of the car after a large accident, debris hitting it/large accident can cause the canopy to break or fracture, it will make the cars more aerodynamic so speeds will be higher (something F1 has been trying to reduce for a number of years), it reduces visibility when wet or if dirt gets on the screen, and finally it takes longer for a driver to get out of the car which can be lethal in certain circumstances.
  5. Chris Jenkins

Chris Jenkins
    Driving til the wheels fall off

One major flaw, as pointed out in the comments on the link, there's not enough room for an engine! lol
  6. Bof... Looks weird :S
  7. Omer Said

Omer Said
    Weresloth Staff Premium Member

I think a closed cockpit is a big NO! But other parts are gorgeous and fantastic! Great design and drawing :)