• “Just being a mediocre driver has never been my ambition. That's not my style” ― Michael Schumacher
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Have a chance to win a copy of F1 2017 The Game (PC) by following RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and / or YouTube.

The Formula 17 is just way too easy to drive???

Discussion in 'RaceRoom Racing Experience' started by dave kirk, Jun 25, 2017.

1. dave kirk

dave kirk
    Premium

Ratings:
    +36
    I just bought the premium pack today, Raceroom is my favourite game for just a quick blast or race. I was looking forward to the new formula 17 car but it was just way too easy to drive, does anyone else find this? I run with all assists off (except clutch) and the traction just feels way too good and the brakes are too easy (meaning i barely lock them at all) does anyone else share this experience of the car??

2. Andy Jackson

Andy Jackson
    Veteran member of the PC master race Premium

Ratings:
    +3,099
    Not me. Most open wheelers are a handful to me, but these really are. Maybe grippy compared to RF2 or Ice Racing but that should make for better racing imo.

3. Noel Spence

Noel Spence
    Premium

Ratings:
    +233
    not me either

4. Martin Fiala

Martin Fiala
    Oh no! It's him again! Premium

Ratings:
    +2,054
    Easy to drive? Well, yeah, maybe. Easy to drive fast? Hell no.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Love Love x 1
  5. dave kirk

dave kirk
    Premium

Ratings:
    +36
    I also find it easy to drive fast, of all the formula cars in the top sims I find it the easiest, the thing is on rails

6. Kenny Paton

Kenny Paton
    Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +3,837
    Did you remember the traction controls are reversed on that car?

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. dave kirk

dave kirk
    Premium

Ratings:
    +36
    you mean it's set to full as default?

8. Kenny Paton

Kenny Paton
    Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +3,837
    Instead of it running from 1 to 6
    It's 6 - 1
    So you need to adjust the settings in car set up. It's the only car in the game like this.

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. Ross Garland

Ross Garland
    R3E & AMS Club Manager Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +2,560
    I think TC is at 60% by default. I checked it myself when I was finding it impossible to lose the rear. Put it on 0% and the car is much, much harder to drive. Other than that, I agree with Martin. These cars (and most modern F1 cars in most sims) are very easy to drive... but driving them fast at the same pace as the real guys do is somewhat harder. (and I can't do it, so...)

• Like Like x 1
  10. dave kirk

dave kirk
    Premium

Ratings:
    +36
    That's a relief, I assumed that on the "get real" setting all cars would be set to the same as the real life counterparts, i'll turn the TC off :)

11. Martin Fiala

Martin Fiala

Ratings:
    +2,054
    Well, there's no real life counterpart to this car.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. dave kirk

dave kirk
    Premium

Ratings:
    +36
    We know it is supposed to be a modern F1 car though, that haven't had TC in like 10 years

13. Martin Fiala

Martin Fiala

Ratings:
    +2,054
    Well, it also haven't had a V10 engine in like 10 years, so...

14. dave kirk

dave kirk
    Premium

Ratings:
    +36
    you're totally missing the point of the post, but thanks for your input

• Sad Sad x 1
  15. Majuh

Majuh

Ratings:
    +109
    They decided to allow TC because they didn't want the car to be too hard to drive for the average racer.

• Like Like x 1
  16. dave kirk

dave kirk
    Premium

Ratings:
    +36
    Thanks man, i will try it later with it turned off. I am relieved because with the default it was way too easy, i'm looking forward to trying it without TC later :)

17. Martin Fiala

Martin Fiala

Ratings:
    +2,054
    You're perfectly welcome. So what was the point of your post? You started talking about how you'd expect the car to be set up the same way as the real life counterpart, which doesn't exist considering it's a completely fictional car, so I'd be the first to admit you certainly lost me there.

• Like Like x 1
  18. dave kirk

dave kirk
    Premium

Ratings:
    +36
    The point is obvious, did anyone else find it very easy to drive, why are you trying to be a troll on a simple post, it's not helpful trying to belittle someone.

• Angry Angry x 1
  19. Martin Fiala

Martin Fiala

Ratings:
    +2,054
    OMG. I'm not trolling you or (good grief) belittling you, I'm just pointing out the (I'd think) obvious. You started talking about how you assumed the traction control on the car to be set certain way according to a "real life counterpart". I simply pointed out to you such assumptions don't make much sense, given that the car is completely fictional, and while it is indeed created to be kinda sorta like a reimagining of a modern F1 car, it really is not a modern F1 car as it has an engine that F1 cars haven't been using for 11 years now, so why assume it is a perfect copy in every other way? For all we know, should F1 cars be using V10 engines now, they might very well be using traction control - there's no way to tell as it obviously never happened.

Anything else above that only happened in your head, sorry.

• Like Like x 1
  20. dave kirk

dave kirk
    Premium

Ratings:
    +36
    The car is based on this years F1 car with a V10 engine, mainly because the fans want the old engine noises and it also means Sector 3 are less likely to get flagged for licensing, since it is based on this years car it is a reasonable assumption for TC to be off, you are literally posting suffer that isn't needed, to basically be a tw*t. My original question was did other people find it too easy and several people pointed out that some TC is on as default, your comments are not needed. Bye

• Sad Sad x 1