The Ferrari SF70H Assetto Corsa Introduction Video

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Assetto Corsa Ferrari SF70-H Introduction Video 3.jpg

Kunos Simulazioni have created this nice little video introducing new Assetto Corsa car the Ferrari SF70-H, the latest Formula One machine from the legendary Italian outfit.

Released September 19th for the PC version of Assetto Corsa, the Ferrari 70th Anniversary DLC pack would contain six premium Ferrari models from the long history of the Italian brand, plus a special community voted car that controversially turned out to be the 2017 Formula One championship challenging SF70-H of Sebastien Vettel and Kimi Räikkönen.

Although the inclusion of a modern day Formula One car hasn't met with universal excitement from the often vocal Assetto Corsa community, it is a very impressive feat for a reasonably small team such as Kunos to secure a licence for a car that is still very much in the fight for the current Formula One World Championship.

As such, Kunos have created the below cinematic trailer for the new car, available now as part of the Ferrari Celebration DLC on Steam, with Xbox One and PlayStation 4 to follow in future weeks.

Want to know more about the Ferrari collaboration? Don't forget to check out our interview with Stefano Casillo here.

Introducing the Ferrari SF70H, available in Assetto Corsa's Ferrari 70th Anniversary DLC pack in response to community votes...

The 63rd single-seater designed and built by Scuderia Ferrari to take part in the 2017 Championship is born out of a regulation change that is without precedent in this category of motor sport. In the past, regulations generally went in the direction of slowing the cars down. However, in 2017 the rule changes went in the opposite direction, meaning ...the cars can have more aerodynamic downforce and more mechanical grip.

There are several differences between the 668 project and Ferraris from the recent past: the lengthened nose and the arrow-shaped wing are a consequence of the regulations, as is the obvious fin on the engine cover and more complex aero appendages ahead of the air intakes on the sidepods. The layout of some of the mechanical components on the hybrid power unit has been revised, while other areas maintain a similar layout to the 2016 car.

Assetto Corsa is available for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC now.

Assetto Corsa Ferrari SF70-H Introduction Video 2.jpg
Assetto Corsa Ferrari SF70-H Introduction Video.jpg
Assetto Corsa Ferrari SF70-H Introduction Video 4.jpg

Assetto Corsa and online racing = Love! Check out our brilliant Assetto Corsa League and Club racing forum for great racing events suitable for all skills and experiences. We host regular events using popular content and guarantee a great time for all. Additionally we have a very active sub forum for the game where players can catch up on the latest news and engage with fellow community members here at RD. You can download mods from our modding archive, discuss W.I.P projects in our Modding Discussion Forum and try out a selection of car setups for a wide range of vehicles. Come on, get yourself involved in the action today!

How are you finding the 2017 Ferrari Formula One car in Assetto Corsa? Which is your favourite piece of content from the Ferrari 70th Anniversary DLC? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
The SF70-H is the quickest Ferrari F1 car ever built so I have no complaints about its inclusion in the game. My biggest regret is that there just aren't enough proper tracks in Assetto Corsa to race this vehicle.

The SF70-H is the quickest Ferrari F1 car ever built so I have no complaints about its inclusion in the game. My biggest regret is that there just aren't enough proper tracks in Assetto Corsa to race this vehicle.
You must be joking?
What about Spa, Monza, Silverstone, Imola, Red Bull Ring, Nurburgring, Zandvoort, Mugello, Barcelona (+ all the modded tracks)...
It is better than nothing, no?

You must be joking?
What about Spa, Monza, Silverstone, Imola, Red Bull Ring, Nurburgring, Zandvoort, Mugello, Barcelona (+ all the modded tracks)...
Better than nothing, but the quality of most mods in AC is subpar, and that extends to the tracks. Giranthon's AMS mods are significantly better for that while still being flawed themselves (easily seen at Spa which is much too easy). Mugello and Imola are terrible for the modern cars too so they're hardly options. Arguably Zandvoort too. You're then left with just four high quality tracks that suit the car, which isn't enough.

Last edited:
Aaaaand..., we're back to square one. This time it took all of 5 posts for the thread to go off-topic and start complaining about (the lack of) tracks. Anyway, here's my answers to Paul's questions he made in the OP.
Questions:

"How are you finding the 2017 Ferrari Formula One car in Assetto Corsa? Which is your favourite piece of content from the Ferrari 70th Anniversary DLC?"

Answers:
1 The less said about the soulless, uninspiring SF70H, the better, so I'll leave it at that.
2 My personal favourite? By far the 288GTO. Perfect 3D modelling, exterior and interior. Great sounds. And the way this car behaves when you push it to the limit is next to none IMO. Done more KM's in this car alone in the last 4 weeks than any other car in AC. Sure bet to put a smile on my face anytime I drive it. Total immersion.
I'm pretty sure this post will open up the proverbial can of worms here, but no need for that really.
For it is already open.

Last edited by a moderator:
Although I voted for something else... I quite like the car. Drives nice, great sound and nice model.
Funny many of the same people praising the RSS F1 mod bash on this SF70H choice. I like both, but the SF70H isnt worse and gives console users also the opportunity to drive a 2017 F1 car.

For me there's no question, it's clearly the most interesting and addictive car and driving experience in the game. I happen to like F1 a lot and I'm just so thankful that I can drive this modern beauty with something else than Codemasters poor physics and cartoon graphics. It's one of those cars that truly show how much there really is potential in Assetto Corsa, if we only had a complete F1 experience in this sim my life would be complete.

Aaaaand..., we're back to square one. This time it took all of 5 posts for the thread to go off-topic and start complaining about (the lack of) tracks.
Better to go off-topic about a continued serious problem with the game than to shitpost like you. Only fitting that you like a boring easy car like the 288 given your age.

Although I voted for something else... I quite like the car. Drives nice, great sound and nice model.
Funny many of the same people praising the RSS F1 mod bash on this SF70H choice. I like both, but the SF70H isnt worse and gives console users also the opportunity to drive a 2017 F1 car.
People are just used to the RSS mod's terrible physics. A lot of people here on RD are poor drivers.

You're then left with just four high quality tracks that suit the car, which isn't enough.

Five current stock and laserscanned F1 tracks... Spa, Monza, Silverstone, Red Bull and Barcelona. Nürburgring was on the calendar until very recently so that makes a (hypothetical) sixth.

I wouldn't complain about more tracks in game, but what we have suits the varied mix of cars quite well.

Has anyone seen a set of skins to fake a full grid race?

Better to go off-topic about a continued serious problem with the game than to shitpost like you. Only fitting that you like a boring easy car like the 288 given your age.

People are just used to the RSS mod's terrible physics. A lot of people here on RD are poor drivers.
No personal attacks please

As I said above, I was expecting this. It's so hard for some ppl to accept the fact that some of us have different opinions or different ages. Just bought a whole lot of popcorn, this is gonna be fun... :laugh:

I didn't vote for the SF70H, but it is a nice addition, and it shows well the incredible amount of grip these cars have. It's really hard just to reach the limit.

Really like the 288 GTO, so fun to drive, especially with the "orginal" vintage tyres.
But the one I really love is the F2004, what a car, what a sound! Can't get any better!
The only car I don't like to drive is the 812 Superfast, but overall a great DLC, worth the money.

Last edited:

So just how many tracks you need to race this? I can name at least 6 offical F1 tracks in AC: Barcelona, Monza, Silverstone, Imola, Red Bull, SPA... Mod wise, you can download all F1 2017 track too.

I guess your lack of inspiration to at least race this beast properly @ 1 single track is the issue!

You must be joking?

Not joking, 6 official current F1 tracks out of the 20 races on the circuit. I don't use modded tracks because the quality isn't the same. To each their own.

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 86 19.6%
  • €151-500

Votes: 119 27.1%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 72 16.4%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 38 8.7%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 43 9.8%
  • €3001-5000