1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

The Crew

Discussion in 'Other Racing Games' started by Jamie Barclay, Aug 25, 2014.

1. Has anyone else had the chance to try the beta? Any setup tips for logitech wheel would be much appreciated, Iv been really looking forward to a good open world (car) driving game on the pc but the ffb feels strange it kind of puts me off the whole thing

2. Dan Allen

Dan Allen
    I am the Pastor Maldonado of RaceDepartment.

There's a beta? Must look for it!

This is one of those arcade racers I'm actually looking forward to! As for setups, I think it's clear I don't know yet :) I'm just excited that there's a rough version we can see!

3. yeah, fwiw, you could, at least as of this morning, pre-order on amazon & get a key if youre looking for one. good way to try before buying. amazon doesnt charge your card, so you can just cancel immediately/if you decide you dont like it at no cost, but you get the key staight away.

frankly im kindve shocked ubisoft is demoing it in its current state. its a true beta, or it better be, & i have to think they misjudged how far along theyd be at these pre-determined dates...

my g27 is essentially useless as well, i believe ffb needs to be reversed for it, but not entirely sure. whatevers going on its a mess. input lag is abysmal and i found myself having to reset my wheel position bc the game seemed to forget where it was...or something...idk. was hoping to be converted by trying the beta, doesnt look like thats going to happen though.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Dan Allen

Dan Allen
    I am the Pastor Maldonado of RaceDepartment.

Isn't that typical Ubisoft i.e. over-optimistic release dates? Pretty sure they did the same with The Division.

5. yeah, they delayed watch dogs several months & that was still a fiasco...was really cool of them to try this honestly, i wish it'd worked out/hope it does, but i think a lot of preorders are prob gonna be cancelled as a result... just going by what ive experienced + read on various boards. still, its day 1 & since its online (the source of the input lag i guess??) maybe with a few hotfixes they can get it going at least to the point that it looks promising.

6. nvidia was giving away codes not sure if there all gone though, i must say im really glad i never bought the expensive preorder, i though i was the only 1 thinking the wheel felt terrible after reading a few posts on the ubi forums most are saying "its great" i guess they bought they preorder, such a shame the pc is really missing a good open world driving game was really looking forward to this, the incar wheel animations are kind of funny turn 1 way the animation goes the opisite way, i think il wait until after release maybe see what the reviews are like then

7. I just got a Beta license and am going to be giving this a whirl... From the video and the Youtube trailer it looks pretty arcadish and I am not into arcade racing... But once I get it setup I will report back.. Anyone else have any comments on this Sim?

Cheers
    RJ

8. Well... I tried it... It is an Arcade Game.. not interested...

Cheers
    RJ