The BMW DTM steering wheel replica (V2)

After selling my BMW DTM Replica wheel, it was time to make a new one. This time i wanted to take it to another level and try to make the rim as close to the original as possible (for me)

The V2 version has custom made hand grips, a smaller BMW 3D logo, magnetic shifters, a rotary encoder and a clutch. Like the original, BMW DTM steering wheel, it's painted in high gloss black.

The original

My replica

The BMW DTM steering wheel on my rig

The presentation video

The BMW DTM steering wheel is super light, weighs only 945 grams (without QR) and has a 315mm diameter. The electronics are powered by a Leo Bodnar BU836a.

If there's any interest, i will be offering a limited series of DIY building kits which includes the CNC cut frame, the 3D printed parts and links where to buy the electronics.

Price and availability through PM

Link to the BMW DTM replica V1 here:
https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?threads/bmw-dtm-m4-steering-wheel.7916/

More outstanding work mate.
I'm very happy to say I'm the lucky owner of the V1 rim and it's a work of art.
I'm sure your kits will get snapped up very quickly :)
Already I cannot wait to see what you come up with next.

Upvote 0
that's pretty damn awesome! I love the attention to detail and I'm glad to see another DTM fan (we're unfortunately thin on the ground in sim racing it seems) out of curiosity do you know any good online DTM leagues (preferably in rf2) I've been looking for one for ages.

Upvote 0
that's pretty damn awesome! I love the attention to detail and I'm glad to see another DTM fan (we're unfortunately thin on the ground in sim racing it seems) out of curiosity do you know any good online DTM leagues (preferably in rf2) I've been looking for one for ages.

Sorry i only race in R3E

Upvote 0

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 43 26.7%
  • More leagues

Votes: 32 19.9%
  • Prizes

Votes: 30 18.6%
  • Trophies

Votes: 17 10.6%