The Big RACE Freeze Thread

Hmmmm, my luck with Wn7 seemed to have ended, had recently my first freezes.

Before I could investigte what changed, I made the mistake to try to install the GTL which I found in a supermarket for more or less nothing.

That killed unfortunately my Win 7 :D. Should have first read, I knew that the older Simbin title have a different copy protection....

Simbin GTR Evolution,
The game always froze,and then can not work,need to restart the pc,
How to fix this problem ? Simbin ?!
Sometime,I in the race league,PC froze is very too bad & unhappy

My Machine is
ASUS M2N-E
Inno3D GTX 260
Kingston 800mhz 1GB x 4
Window XP SP3
Hard Disk is ........160GB x 2 RAID 0

Now,This game version is always froze my PC,I don't like that,

MY GAME FREEZES ONLY ONCE FOR A SECOND EACH TIME YOU LOAD THE GAME,THEN ITS OK. I HAVE TWO GTX 280XXX INSTALLED, AND YES ITS BLOODY ANNOYING,ONLY BECAME APPARENT AFTER INSTALLING 1,2,0,1
RFACTOR AND ALL OTHER GAMES ARE FINE!!!!!!

Help!!!

Hello guys...I have a massive problem...I think that I'm the worst so far...

Got lags and freezes a lot!!! I would even say I want my money back...=P

My machine= AMD Turion 64x2 TL-60 2.0ghz, Windows Vista Home Basic, 1GB RAM, ATI 1150 Express for laptop 256MB VRAM.... Just wondering is this enough to play the game?? Because I can play rFactor smoothly without any lags even with high details... Please help me...

Thank you!!!

• Ariff Roose

im playing mine with 2GB ram and 256MB vid card. i dont think its a problem with the power of the computer:rose-dead:

Since Warren suggested waiting for the in-game ad to load on the main menu, my problems have become a bit less over time. I still get freezes from time to time, most of them temporary ones anywhere from 1-5 seconds long. I have only had four or so terminal freezes since the patch, so I guess I'm lucky in that area. However, in the Mini race this morning I had a four-second freeze as soon as I crossed the finish line on the last lap, costing me a second place finish... :excruciating:

Warren and Nigel, I'm sure people have said this to you many times before, but persevere. Instead of spending money and bandwidth on solutions that don't work, or binning the game, the best approach you guys could take is just to leave the game alone for a while, wait for the next patch (if there is one, and I'm sure there will be), then try Evo out again and see what happens. You never know, Simbin may actually show some heart and fix the blasted bugs... :p

Warren and Nigel, I'm sure people have said this to you many times before, but persevere. Instead of spending money and bandwidth on solutions that don't work, or binning the game, the best approach you guys could take is just to leave the game alone for a while, wait for the next patch (if there is one, and I'm sure there will be), then try Evo out again and see what happens. You never know, Simbin may actually show some heart and fix the blasted bugs... :p

if a new patch comes out then i will try it, i`ve invested to much time and money not to. but i wount be holding my breath i cant help feeling that this problem has gone on for that long that where stuck with it :crying:

Hmm... this topic still is going strong :(

Since I've a few systems at my disposal, just for the sake of the statistics I will post the below:

Latest’s patch, Race07+Evo+STCC

• Both the following machines are "pure games PCs"... no antivirus/firewall crap and windows services reduced to an essential minimum (Less than 10). Running temperatures of both machines (MB, CPU and GPU) are kept below 40º (~34º)... the GPU can go quite a bit more (especially with the Ati card).
  • Game at maximum detail and cars, draw distance 1 less than maximum and vertical synchronization on (I use TFT-LCDs)
XP SP3
E8500
"real" 3GB synchronized (with FSB) RAM
Nv Gf GTX 275 (768) (up-to date drivers)
SB X-Fi
WD3200 (velociraptor) with game and "my documents" in the same disk.
In this machine I haven't noticed any freezes so far... if they are there; they are very small and non-noticeable.

This machine as the game installed for less than a month, so no mini-dumps so far.

No feeze when playing the thunder sound.

XP SP3
E6600
"real" 3GB synchronized RAM
Ati Ro 4870 (512) (up-to date drivers)
SB X-Fi (older than above system)
WD3000 (10000 rpm) with game and "my documents" in same disk but different partitions.
In this machine there is a freeze of about 3 or 4 seconds once week on average (more or less and the game is started at least once a day). The freeze happens a few seconds after living the pits for the first time. Then I can change tracks as many times as I want, no freeze happens.

In this machine there has been 3 mini-dumps (since the patch came out) related with skins and car add-ons.

This machine’s install is the same since Evo came out and before the patch it had a considerable number of mini-dumps.

Even with SB-XFi (older version) there is a very small freeze every time the thunder sound is played (flood).

I firmly believe SimBin already has this issue fixed - along with the broken custom championship\custom skins issue and probably a few others.

But we won't see a patch until Race On comes out imo. It just makes sense to do it that way.

C'mon people, have some faith :)

I made the config changes and they seem to have helped. Most of my solid locks[more than a week apart now] require a reboot. Sometimes I get a freeze that last just a few xec, vary rarely. Sometimes I get weid textures instead of the proper ones, backing out to the main menu will fix those.

At times when I get a complete freeze, I get a message saying that the Nvidea driver has failed[or something similar].

xp sp3
e8500 @ 3.16
GTX285 running 185.85

I thought I should give an update on my recent progress.

About one month ago, I made a significant change, I replaced my 9800GT Video card with my older 7600GT card, out of desperation. I had no freezes but the frame rate performance in GTRE was very poor. I was then generously given an NV 9600GT by Cam Wedgwood (his spare card). Ok, seemingly not much difference to my 9800GT card, but a different brand which had a different cooling fan setup. The only other difference was that I had reduced my screen resolution slightly (I had done this for my older card and just left it there).

Results: Basically one month of trouble free gaming. I had one freeze (totally locked my PC and needed reboot) whilst running GTL off-line. So far not one single freeze during on-line gaming, a huge improvement so far.

I'm not sure what this tells me, but it certainly looks like a problem with my 9800GT card, and most likely that specific card brand maybe (a 9600GT isn't much different to a 9800GT ??).

I won't get over confident yet, but a one month trouble free racing is looking mighty good compared to my previous experience. :pray2:

• Ingo Voellinger

Hello Mtommi, i had freezes with the new nvidia driver.
Now i use an old one 175.16 and its better.
And i restart my pc before race and turn up my gfx cooler to 50% with ntune!
And switch off background programs like antivir etc.

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 197 88.3%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 37 16.6%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 30 13.5%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 32 14.3%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 62 27.8%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 77 34.5%