Authorised Vendor Thanos AMC-AASD15A 6axis Servo Motion Controller

Thanos controller on full size 737 nose section and a huge curved screen mounted on the rig to follow the motion:

IMG_20230127_055909.jpg

IMG_20230127_055924.jpg

Last edited:
any ideas why the config is not working for me? I have latest firmware and using config tool (fwv2.26 fix0) running fix 5 firmware though but not seeing a newer release of the config tool.

any ideas why the config is not working for me? I have latest firmware and using config tool (fwv2.26 fix0) running fix 5 firmware though but not seeing a newer release of the config tool.

That is the latest versions and tested to work. Perhaps you need to try with another USB cable, or connect via powered USB hub and check that you have the FTDI USB drivers installed.

https://github.com/tronicgr/AMC-AASD15A-Firmware/tree/master/Thanos-utility/AMC-AASD_Config_tool

You can find the latest user manual for the controller here:
https://github.com/tronicgr/AMC-AASD15A-Firmware/tree/master/Manual-and-Datasheets

Thanks
Thanos

Just set the stroke value to 150mm in the LCD menu, the calibration is done automatically on every power up of the servos. The four extra parameters take care of that automatic calibration, and have to be set in the drives.

Thanks
Thanos
Are the 4 additional values for the 80st servos of pn24=100, pn52=1, pn60=2 and pn61=6 correct for sfx100 actuators on simracing rig? Sorry for basic questio but I have only just started on this , thanks.

Are the 4 additional values for the 80st servos of pn24=100, pn52=1, pn60=2 and pn61=6 correct for sfx100 actuators on simracing rig? Sorry for basic questio but I have only just started on this , thanks.

Yes!!! These are needed for the AMC-AASD15A to calibrate properly the actuators, something that is missing from the standard SFX-100...

I’m looking into building a system with the Clearpath motors. Just wondering if you were able to do it.

The clearpath motors I have available are MCPV, which don't exactly have proper input mode for the pulse/dir function, and the pulse burst mode has limited buffer length with non interrupt mode, meaning it won't stop and change direction until it completes the whole trajectory path.

Teknic, has some other model as well, the SDSK that is supposed to be direct replacement for steppers and seemingly better in handling steps and direction commands. But I haven't gotten my hands to any of these yet to try.

Thanks
Thanos

Hey Thanos,

I’m building a standard SFX100 with a belt tensioner. I’m not interested in moving the whole LCD to the rig, so I’m planning on designing myself a button box that will include:
- two estops (wheel and SFX100/Thanos),
- the three LED buttons similar to this (https://www.tindie.com/products/bajer/emergency-stop-switch-with-led-indicators/) and
- a stepper switch for a belt tensioner.

Curious if you’d suggest any additional thanos/SFX100 related buttons/switches to be included.

Hey Thanos,

I’m building a standard SFX100 with a belt tensioner. I’m not interested in moving the whole LCD to the rig, so I’m planning on designing myself a button box that will include:
- the three LED buttons similar to this (https://www.tindie.com/products/bajer/emergency-stop-switch-with-led-indicators/) and

Curious if you’d suggest any additional thanos/SFX100 related buttons/switches to be included.
Not Thanos but from a simple user of a DIY SFX-150 and a Simhub DIY Belt Tensioner):
- Good decision for the Emergency stop with the 3 LEDs! Especially if you also do Sim flight games!
I have also now mapped the emergency button to hold instead of just turn off all motors. And the orange button is for park.
- For the belt tensioner I have made a button box with 3 buttons for Release, Zero and Live Telemetry.
Very useful IMHO.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-04-15 155000.png
    Screenshot 2023-04-15 155000.png
    32.5 KB · Views: 55
Hey Thanos,

Unlike other solutions, the Thanos controller has its own controls on board for handling things, not depending on a PC that may crash and the safety features can disappear leaving a platform hanging.

The button box usually consists of:
IMG_20230415_174503.jpg

But you can add the monetary on-off-on switch for the belt tensioner position trim as described in this video:

Thanks
Thanos

Hi, I went from v2_26_beta_fix0 to v2_26_beta_fix5, and now I am hearing some flute like noise from the actuators or motor during constant movements, e.g. during startup or when it moves into park position. It might be unrelated and due to other changes, but did something in between the version change that could have caused it?

Last edited:
Hi, I went from v2_26_beta_fix0 to v2_26_beta_fix5, and now I am hearing some flute like noise from the actuators or motor during constant movements, e.g. during startup or when it moves into park position. It might be unrelated and due to other changes, but did something in between the version change that could have caused it?

I don't see how the firmware could cause this. If anything the latest firmware fixed a few things on the way signals sent to the servo drive to improve the pulse train.

It could be something completely different, like a disconnected ground...

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 76 29.3%
  • More leagues

Votes: 53 20.5%
  • Prizes

Votes: 56 21.6%
  • Trophies

Votes: 32 12.4%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 17 6.6%