1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Texture flickrs and artifacts, how to refresh shaders

Discussion in 'Stock Car Extreme' started by dsuspense, Aug 29, 2014.

1. I am getting some texture flickrs and artifacts after a few laps of racing.
    Looks like grey triangles across the track and they flicker intermittently as I race.
    Is this a memory thing, or something related to shaders?
    How do I delete the shaders so they are generated again by GSCE on next startup (like in rF2)?
    Do I just delete the coreshaders.mas file in GameData\Shared ?

Could this be a VRAM issue? I have two Geforce GT 650M cards with 2MB VRAM each.
    I see this when running in single card mode, will have to try SLI, but I am not sure if it is memory related or texture related.
    My config.ini has these settings:

CPURating=4
    SystemRAM=8140
    VideoRAM=4032
    ObjDetail=0
    TexDetail=1
    ShaderLevel=0
    SubViews=0

Last edited: Aug 29, 2014
  2. I would suspect of:
    a) video card memory
    b) try to start the game with the "-fullproc" parameter, i.e., create a shortcut to your game with this: "c:\gsc2013\gsc.exe -fullproc"

The b) is worth a try if you happen to be overclocked. Shadows are done by the CPU, so sometimes overclocked CPUs can cause this - as does mine. Alt tab out of the game and return seems to cure the problem sometimes, at least for that session. The -fullproc will make you loss some FPS, but this shouldn't be a problem with your hardware.

3. Thanks for the info.
    I was hoping not to have to do all that crap again like I did with rF1.
    I think Reiza did an awesome job with this game.
    I see another thread about 2GB - 4GB support, so I wonder if it also has to do with that.
    Will give some of these things a try and see.

4. This video has an example of what I am talking about (at minute 1:19):

5. try this in track's scn file..

clip planes for main view as follows:

ClipPlanes=(0.50, 10000000.00)

6. @dsuspense I noticed this same problem. Buenos Aires Layout 6 with V8, in other tracks no such problem.

7. PieterN

PieterN
    Premium Member

The flickering of the boards in the video is caused by badly placed textures. Not related to video-drivers or something like that