• “Just being a mediocre driver has never been my ambition. That's not my style” ― Michael Schumacher
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Have a chance to win a copy of F1 2017 The Game (PC) by following RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and / or YouTube.

Texture flickrs and artifacts, how to refresh shaders

Discussion in 'Stock Car Extreme' started by dsuspense, Aug 29, 2014.

1. dsuspense

dsuspense

Ratings:
    +4
    I am getting some texture flickrs and artifacts after a few laps of racing.
    Looks like grey triangles across the track and they flicker intermittently as I race.
    Is this a memory thing, or something related to shaders?
    How do I delete the shaders so they are generated again by GSCE on next startup (like in rF2)?
    Do I just delete the coreshaders.mas file in GameData\Shared ?

Could this be a VRAM issue? I have two Geforce GT 650M cards with 2MB VRAM each.
    I see this when running in single card mode, will have to try SLI, but I am not sure if it is memory related or texture related.
    My config.ini has these settings:

CPURating=4
    SystemRAM=8140
    VideoRAM=4032
    ObjDetail=0
    TexDetail=1
    ShaderLevel=0
    SubViews=0

Last edited: Aug 29, 2014
  2. Fernando Zart

Fernando Zart

Ratings:
    +97
    I would suspect of:
    a) video card memory
    b) try to start the game with the "-fullproc" parameter, i.e., create a shortcut to your game with this: "c:\gsc2013\gsc.exe -fullproc"

The b) is worth a try if you happen to be overclocked. Shadows are done by the CPU, so sometimes overclocked CPUs can cause this - as does mine. Alt tab out of the game and return seems to cure the problem sometimes, at least for that session. The -fullproc will make you loss some FPS, but this shouldn't be a problem with your hardware.

3. dsuspense

dsuspense

Ratings:
    +4
    Thanks for the info.
    I was hoping not to have to do all that crap again like I did with rF1.
    I think Reiza did an awesome job with this game.
    I see another thread about 2GB - 4GB support, so I wonder if it also has to do with that.
    Will give some of these things a try and see.

4. dsuspense

dsuspense

Ratings:
    +4
    This video has an example of what I am talking about (at minute 1:19):

5. spyros papadopoulos

spyros papadopoulos

Ratings:
    +3
    try this in track's scn file..

clip planes for main view as follows:

ClipPlanes=(0.50, 10000000.00)

6. Wedsley Dias

Wedsley Dias

Ratings:
    +98
    @dsuspense I noticed this same problem. Buenos Aires Layout 6 with V8, in other tracks no such problem.

7. PieterN

PieterN
    Premium

Ratings:
    +95
    The flickering of the boards in the video is caused by badly placed textures. Not related to video-drivers or something like that