1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Test Drive Unlimited: Servers To Be Shut Down Soon

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Tom, Sep 6, 2012.

1. Tom

Tom
    Staff Emeritus Staff

View the Post on the Blog

2. Is it just TDU or they will shut down servers for the TDU 2 as well with this? Because I was just going to start playing it online, lol.

3. Tom

Tom
    Staff Emeritus Staff

It doesn't mention TDU2 and seeing that it's been on the market for only around 18 months I'd say it's unlikely TDU2 will be affected as well. :)

4. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

Yeah just kill the best TDU ever made. Great stuff again Atari :thumbsdown: Can we host the servers ourselves?

• Like Like x 1
  5. magicfr

magicfr
    www.ivory-tower.fr

As Game dev of TDU Physics I feel a bit sad :(
    Atari is going down.
    Eden Games is going down.
    Atari is SOOO great to destruct good I.P. and make poor sequel :unsure:

Made the good decision leaving that ship in 2008.

• Like Like x 2
  6. That's it for the best TDU. It was great fun.

7. @Bram Hengeveld Totally.
    I never actually played TDU but I know people who love it. Being able to host one's own server would be very useful.

8. KS95

KS95
    RACER Moderator

There's a guy on TDU-Central who owns a datacenter in Spain. He's asking about getting hold of Atari to take over the servers.. so there's still hope. Assuming Atari will actually respond.

9. magicfr

magicfr
    www.ivory-tower.fr

I don't think they will answer.
    The IP for main server is encrypted in data base, that would need to patch the game.
    This mean working on TDU 1 ... I doubt they will do it.

10. KS95

KS95
    RACER Moderator

Ha, well if work is required on their part then it's maybe unlikely. However if money is involved perhaps that could be an incentive? :)

11. KS95

KS95
    RACER Moderator

12. hi .. can anyone tell me how to get test drive unlimited servers... i tried many times but i dont get it...

13. hi .. can anyone tell me how to get test drive unlimited servers... i tried many times but i dont get it...

14. KS95

KS95
    RACER Moderator

Servers are closed mate.

Now... well we move on. It seems Atari, despite saying they had passed the idea on to the team, have decided to do nothing.

I recommend Forza Horizon.