1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Tech problem re-starts

Discussion in 'GT Legends' started by Stuart Thomson, Apr 29, 2009.

1. Carry on - it's just their hard luck

5.6%
  2. Quit the race and re-run Qualification to form a normal grid

16.7%
  3. Quit the race and re-run a shorter Quali, but the disconnectee does not set a time

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Quit and restart the race with whatever grid order appears

77.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stuart Thomson

Stuart Thomson
    The Stoat Without Fear ™ Premium Member

Gents - GTL's generally pretty stable, but occasionally people have the odd hardware issue, and it can happen just before the race.

Now, we are all in it for the fun and GTL is the Gentleman's preferred racing sim.

So, if someone, like Nigel a few Saturdays ago with his router issue, or Ramon last night with his freeze, happens to have issues that causes them to miss the start, how should we proceed?

I am talking purely about Club & CotM races - the league has it's own set of rules.

Please vote, and think of both sides of the equation:-

You've qualified and the problem happens to someone else -AND - when everyone else has quallied and the problem happens to you.

Thanks

ps votes are public

2. I voted to restart. But how many times should you restart in the event of reoccurring problems in the same session?

3. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

Voted that option to, no matter how many times we need to restart, i always prefer a full field of friends then an empty one :D

4. I didnt vote since I am not playing GTL, but I love to restart to fill up the field:)

5. Stuart Thomson

Stuart Thomson

everyone gets one chance - it they go again, they've got repeating problems and they need to fix it. Just my opin, tho'

6. Stuart Thomson

Stuart Thomson

don't forget this is only at the end of quali - if the race proper starts then we carry on and they join the next race in 20 mins or so.

7. :good:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.