1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Teamspeak 3

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Ramon van Rijn, Jan 19, 2010.

1. TS2

9.5%
  2. TS3

90.5%
  3. I prefer Ventrilo

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Ramon van Rijn

Ramon van Rijn
    Premium Member

Teamspeak 3 (beta) is available since a month now and has been updated a lot since then.

We could try to switch to TS3 if you lot like. With a side-note that we should update it from time to time to keep it to the latest version.

What are your thoughts? TS2 or TS3?

2. why not
    go with the latest version, as it is done with the forum

3. from what i have heard it is supposed to be a big improvment so i would say go for it

4. Warren Dawes

Warren Dawes
    Premium Member

Will we have to keep updating each time a new beta is released? Or will we be able to use it even if we miss one?
    If we have to keep updating frequently, then why not wait until it is finalised.

I have used the latest beta elsewhere, and it seems fine though.

5. TS3 quality is just like Ventrilo which is really good

6. Ramon van Rijn

Ramon van Rijn
    Premium Member

If there are no serious issues with the installed Beta, I see no reason to keep track of every update. Updating twice a week is not our way to go :)

7. From the little experience I've had with TS3, the client updates automatically (or it didi in the version I have) so that shouldn't be much of an issue.

The Server side part of it hasn't had too many changes since release so unless its recommended by the Devs (like beta 11 release was) then it shouldn't be too much hassle keeping upto date (current server release is beta 15)

The clarity and quality of the voices is so much better IMO

8. Ramon van Rijn

Ramon van Rijn
    Premium Member

Thanks!

9. And...you can now assign a wheel button for 'push to talk'. As a driving simmer, that was the only reason to use Ventrilo. Now, where do I find your IP? :)

EDIT: Stand down, I've found it.

10. Kevin Ascher

Kevin Ascher
    #47 Roaring Pipes Maniacs

You actually could also do so with TS2 when you used a little program called JbindX ;)

11. Ramon van Rijn

Ramon van Rijn
    Premium Member

In addition, Logitech wheel owners can simply use the already installed Profiler and map a button to a Key, use that Key in TS2.

12. downloaded tsp3 cant get it online with rd. Lost lost lost

13. TS3 is such a sweet pice of software, its nearly clear as ventrillo now
    and most important is ppl can hear me now with my crapy mic

[​IMG] <-- my mic

14. LOL you steal that off the TITANIC :)

15. not directly but close, it came with the soundblaster 16bit card i had in my 2nd ever pc and if the soundcard supports +20db it works totaly flawless
    if the soundcard dont support it like the one i have now onboard its just pain in the a..

16. Ramon van Rijn

Ramon van Rijn
    Premium Member