Teams2.mas but how do I create a mod with it?

Hello everyone I am wondering if someone could clear up some rF2 black magic that I have suffered with for years. When I make a secondary Teams.mas file to install into the INSTALLED\VEHICLES folder the main game\ 1 player game see's all the new teams but when I go to create a custom mod for online play the MAS2 tool can not see the secondary teams files only the default Teams file. The only way around this I know is to repackage the car into a new car with a new teams file but this just seems very wrong. Is there something I am missing that will allow the MAS2 tool to see the secondary teams file when creating custom mod packs?

many thanks in advance for your help.

Last edited:
Ok, I am still hoping that someone out there can shed some light on my question. To make it clearer, if I made a custom teams.mas for the Infinite Q50 and dropped the file into the installed vehicles then how would I get the MAS2 tool to see this teams livery pack when creating a custom mod for my server for multiplayer?

So I have made some progress but I think I did it in a weird way. Using the Cadillac DPi as an example, inside the latest update of the car (1.01) is a mas file, car-upgrade.mas, using the MAS File Utility I opened it up, inside are the default skins. I added the content of my "teams2.mas" to the car-upgrade.mas and voila I can now select my custom skins in the mod packager!

All this being said I fear greatly that this will brick online ability, I also have yet to boot the game and verify it runs which is key but hey its a step in the right direction!

Hi Ben, this is a bad method. Yes it works but kills online play and you will need to replace the teams mas or worse redownload and install the mod to get back online. Now if everyone used your new teams including the dedicated server then it would work. Now I have figured out a slightly better way that makes it easier to switch between online and offline. All you do is create a car upgrade package and then install and uninstall the upgrade for off and online use. Here is a link https://davidmoll.net/2021/08/25/how-to-create-an-rfcmp-mod-for-rfactor-2-the-better-guide/.

You can ignore the upgrade.ini bit if you want and you can simply use this version method for further ease. If the car you are wanting to use is say 1.01 then the upgrade version should be 1.01EN for example. This helps an odd behaviour if the car becomes properly rolled to 1.02 by the developer which means you are not stealing the version numbers causing issues. Let me know if you have any issues but hopefully the guide makes sense. It is a much better method.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.