rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Move your ass Ford!

YourTeamNeedsYou.png
;)

Move your ass Ford!

YourTeamNeedsYou.png

;)
well calum, major apologies.
i missed half of practise but wasn't too bad.

at the start for the race, i did false start.
drove to pits and they changed tyres! (anyone know how to stop this so i could take drive thru?)
so i drove around again. as i was trying to change pit settings, i crashed into wall and screwed my car up :-(

a very quick end. it's 1-1 now calum. really sorry. shame after i learned this track - which is awful lol nice car the vette tho and at least i didn't disconnect. i've learned my lessons. thanks all and ..at least i didn't take you out!

Didn't know the track at all and had just 15 or 20min running before qualy and worked a lot on the setup, because the car was very unstable in every situation. In qualy I did P4 and was really suprised. I had a superb start and was P2 after T1 and was really close to David for 2 Laps and could keep up and we had a 20 seconds lead or so lol. Then I missed some braking points and finally stuck my car in the roundabout in sector 1. Just a few laps, but a lot of fun and pretty competetive for not really knowing where I am going :D

This was a nice event. Fun to see such a turnout. Long Beach requires a good amount of track knowledge and practice.

I was on pole on the grid, but Kevin made better start than I. I could tell he ran higher downforce than me, because I could catch him back before T1, where he also out-braked himself. After that I was hunted by Frederic for a few laps, but I could also distance him well, he had a few incidents from what I could understand. The rest of the race was uneventful until the penultimate lap where I hit the wall hard and damaged my suspension. This later led to another crash in T1 on the last lap, after which, I just cruised to the finish line.

You can find my setup here, and some others as well.

One thing I want to mention is that a lot of the GT4 drivers were too nice when lapping them, moving over way to the side, slowing down to let me by. You don't need to do that. At Le Mans, and other multi-class series, it is the faster classes' responsibility to overtake in a safe manner. I think it should be the same way here. Even if it benefits me, it is nice to have ones rhythm broken sometimes. And for yourselves, you are also competing, and slowing down puts you at a disadvantage. Especially events like this one, where you drive in a team, it's not just you who will suffer.

Instead, just focus on your own race. Me lapping you, is more of my problem than it is yours. The most important thing is to drive as predictable as possible, and to not make any unexpected things. That is about as safe as you can be on the race track. Something like that happend to me once tonight, in practise/quali or warm-up, cant remember exactly now. I was coming out of the hairpin and a Corvette, close in front of me wanted to let me by (I assume). He was on the racing line at the exit and didn't accelerate, which left me totally surprised so I just rammed into the rear of his car. It would've been better if he let me by later of the straight.

Tons of fun tonight and nice race format.Thanks Stefan for setting this up.I think Axel and i were set up for an epic battle had he not got hung up by a couple of spun out vettes:D.Grates to my teammate David for the overall first place win:thumbsup:.

My set for this race can be found here.:)

I had a great start and could pass 2 peeps untill I reached the smoke wall before turn 1 and could see where to turn in. When the smoke cleared I was a few yards away before the wall...... Bye bye scratchless car. :poop:
Nursed my car back to the 320 seconds pitstop. :( Than I started to do my laps, once I touched the wall again and my suspension was feeling a little bit funny, when David popped up behind me after just turn 1 I decided to just move over as I didn't wanted to make contact with my funny feeling car.
I started speeding up and was closing the gap to my team mate Ian.

Was a nice event which neede a good practise before coming on. Many peeps had problems due to not/no practise. We had a good laugh and chat on TS. :thumbsup:
I wanna tahnk you all and hope to see you in the next event! :)

I had some practice, but I managed to make a mistake already on my second lap which cost me some damage, but completing the same lap I already passed 2 cars so I guessed that more people would have damage at some point and decided to keep racing, with racelaps 3 seconds slower than I normally would. At lap 3 I was lucky when a Corvette tried to spin back in the right direction after a spin, very slightly hitting my car which made me hit the wall slightly, but did'nt make the car handle worse than it already did. After that it was bringing the car home as good as I could. It was a fun race again!

I had some practice, but I managed to make a mistake already on my second lap which cost me some damage, but completing the same lap I already passed 2 cars so I guessed that more people would have damage at some point and decided to keep racing, with racelaps 3 seconds slower than I normally would. At lap 3 I was lucky when a Corvette tried to spin back in the right direction after a spin, very slightly hitting my car which made me hit the wall slightly, but did'nt make the car handle worse than it already did. After that it was bringing the car home as good as I could. It was a fun race again!

Im very sorry Ian, i think that was me.

I had made a hash of qualy and started last. I picked up some places at the first corner melee and another two 370's who were battling over the next lap then got past one more Vette at the beginning of lap 2 and set off after everyone else, I think i was up to 3rd.

Then i made a mess of the downhill right, i braked too late, locked up and slid round the corner. I straightened her up facing the wrong way and waited for the 2 cars that had been following me to get clear and a few more that came around then spun myself round, this is where i think Ian must have caught me. My fault, sorry again.

Near 2 hours of practice and qualy for 2 laps of racing. Ho hum. Id still do it again!!

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.7%
  • More leagues

Votes: 40 19.1%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.6%
  • Trophies

Votes: 24 11.5%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 13 6.2%