• You don't get fast in order to take part in club races, you take part in club races to get fast!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

T500RS burnt out - literally

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Hardware' started by tpw, Dec 17, 2015.

1. tpw

tpw

Ratings:
    +130
    I've been a very happy T500RS/TH8A user for several months, so just imagine my delight when I turned it on and burnt electrical smoke started pouring out the left side of its casing. I immediately unplugged everything, but of course after cautiously plugging it back in it was dead as a dodo.

Has anyone else experienced this kind of thing? For AUS $800 I expected just a little bit of a longer lifespan out of something that I carefully looked after.

I've had to dig my old G27 out of the shed while I sort out the warranty replacement, and to be honest it feels like quite a regression.

2. Skazz

Skazz

Ratings:
    +101
    The T500RS is a pretty robust device and I'm pretty sure the big chunky motor is used well below it's maximum capabilities. I frequent far too many racesim forums and I don't recall reading of any similar experience. I'd put this down to a one-off and get the warranty replacement in progress.

• Agree Agree x 1