T500 F1 - New Shifter Paddles + Quick Release

I'm basically looking for a replacement for the shifter paddles. They tend to break very often (the spring / button inside the wheel) and I'm fed up with this.

Any ideas how I could easily replace them with some better quality paddles / buttons / springs? :)

Also, I'd like to add a quick release to my F1 rim. Would one of those work?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Quick-Rel...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item53ef0759ed

How should I install it? I can't imagine that, to be honest. :)

Tom, I'm working on mine right now. Just waiting for the parts to come in. Once I switch them I'll let you know what you need.

For the QR that would work but you would need an adapter which is available and you would need to do some wiring work for the connection.

Upvote 0
Tom, I'm working on mine right now. Just waiting for the parts to come in. Once I switch them I'll let you know what you need.

For the QR that would work but you would need an adapter which is available and you would need to do some wiring work for the connection.

Thanks!

About the QR: that's my main concern. Right now I have to turn the rim a little to connect it. I'm not sure about the wiring if there's a QR in between.

Upvote 0
It's about having it, that's all. :D But yes, not being able to use the GT rim (although I'm not using it much) would be bad. :)

Upvote 0
The biggest problem is the fact that the original wheel conector is one part with the paddleshifters part so you also need to fix/screw the paddleshifters seperate then.
Its a big mess todo for sure!
On the wheel base itself you need also to work on, possible workout would be a t500 wheel adpter between but then you`ll loose stability also.

Upvote 0
I'm basically looking for a replacement for the shifter paddles. They tend to break very often (the spring / button inside the wheel) and I'm fed up with this.

Any ideas how I could easily replace them with some better quality paddles / buttons / springs? :)

Also, I'd like to add a quick release to my F1 rim. Would one of those work?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Quick-Rel...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item53ef0759ed

How should I install it? I can't imagine that, to be honest. :)

I looked again at that Quickrelease and i see a possibility maybe, anyway you need a wheeladapter , not that from derek speare but a flat one. Then i can build a adapter myself to fit the other side on the F1 wheel back, i got also a idea for the button connections already.;)

I may got some wheels to mod next week so i can get some money left to buy one.
If anyone like to sponsor one i will offer free modding and shipping to him for his own wheel.;) Just an option.

Greets Modmate

Upvote 0
You talk about the double clutch pedals right??

Not necessarily...I'd be happy if I wouldn't have to replace the springs every 20-25 races. Having bigger shifter paddles or even 2, much like in the picture below wouldn't be easy to make I guess.

how-to-read-an-f1-steering-wheel-7154_2.jpg

Upvote 0
Well, its possible for sure to change the paddles but like you said more common would be a button replacement. I already got a few but im not aware if these will stay for longer.
I try with NKK pushbuttons like you got in your wheel now, but its a bit "hard" feedback then. Anyway there will be a solution soon and i would like todo it as a diy kit also.;)

Upvote 0

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.7%
  • More leagues

Votes: 40 19.1%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.6%
  • Trophies

Votes: 24 11.5%
  • Forum trophies