Studio 397 Please Pay Attention

Things that are needed to take RFactor 2 to the level it deserves. More Content ... It seems is all we get now. Another track / car update is nice but in order to have many people switch to RFactor 2 permanently it needs substance. Something that will have the simracing community buzzing about RFactor 2 again. The sim it's self has all the ingredients to make it the Go -To simulator for even the most critical sim racing enthusiast but loading RF2 in order to sample a new track or vehicle only goes so far when there is so few people driving online. And for those trying to have a meaningful race offline with the AI , users are left very underwhelmed with fast drivers appearing up and down the order from race to race. It's time for a complete AI passover to give the end uses a great " Racing " experience. Not just a hot lapper that has by far the best FFB and Physics available to date.

Here is a few lines consumers would really like to read from Studio 397 in a future Update

Update Notes:

Substantial Increase In Actual "Racing"

• Added New AI Talent Editor , giving user the ability to have meaningful races with AI
  • Fixed AI Throttle control so they no longer use a stab throttle On/Off Technic to navigate the circuit.
  • Added AI Name Editor so user can now put realworld drivers in vehicles
  • Fixed issues with Hosting / Joining races

Firstly please don't speak for everyone, we all want want different things from each Sim they race. No harm in asking for things you specifically want.

Secondly there's a Wish List section on the official forum, try posting there as that is the place where it may get more notice.

Thirdly the AI stabbing at the throttle is a known issue, when will it get fixed? That's anybody's guess, S397 have their priorities and you'll need to respect that those priorities may not be what you want. I want the AI fixed too, but we'll just have to have patience :)

Sorry Marc but I didn't state anywhere in my post that I am speaking for everyone. I have loved RFactor 2 for many years and have posted in the Wish list with not so much as a word about plans to improve the actual racing that is very lackluster.

Yes AI stabbing is a known issue , that's why I mentioned it again. There are many known issues that are simply Not being addressed.

Please don't ask for patience because the sim racing community has been patiently waiting since 2013 for RFactor 2 to become the all round Best simulator it has all the potential to be.

The boys at Reiza work feverishly trying to get things right , listening and communicating with their supporters often. They took Automobilista to a level most never thought possible. They visit there own forums and try there best to give them a Simulation that meets expectations. AMS 2 will undoubtedly improve ten fold in the next year.

Studio 397's More cars and tracks approach is not addressing this very same issues that have plagued RFactor 2 for many years. Even worse is silence that comes from them about it.

Last edited:
It seems is all we get now.

And for those trying to have a meaningful race offline with the AI , users are left very underwhelmed with fast drivers appearing up and down the order from race to race.

Here is a few lines consumers would really like to read from Studio 397 in a future Update
Sorry Marc but I didn't state anywhere in my post that I am speaking for everyone.

ya you did!

I have loved RFactor 2 for many years and have posted in the Wish list with not so much as a word about plans to improve the actual racing that is very lackluster.

Yes AI stabbing is a known issue , that why I mentioned it again. There are many known issues that are simply Not being addressed.

Please don't ask for patience because the sim racing community has been patiently waiting since 2013 for RFactor 2 to become the all round Best simulator it has all the potential to be.

The boys at Reiza work feverishly trying to get things right , listening and communicating with their supporters often. They took Automobilista to a level most never thought possible. They visit there own forums and try there best to give them a Simulation that meets expectations. AMS 2 will undoubtedly improve ten fold in the next year.

Studio 397's More cars and tracks approach is not addressing this very same issues that have plagued RFactor 2 for many years. Even worse is silence that comes from them about it.

I have nothing more to add really, enoy the SIm for what it is now and be surprised by what the future may bring, simple.

Firstly please don't speak for everyone, we all want want different things from each Sim they race.

Translation: "i play online and i really don't care about your types around here!"

Ok calm your tits mate. Nobody makes a fuss when driver swaps and server/online issues are discussed, i'm pretty sure you can do the same when AI issues are raised.

@OP Yes please, speak for everyone that wants to play vs AI.

Last edited:
It's gone back to not starting. This is why I don’t use RF2 anymore. You would think they would fix these type of issues.

More than likely something wrong on your end, but without any specific details as you've been very vague it's hard to say...

Try these one by one in order:
- Verifying Files
- Backing Up/Removing the player.json file and running the Sim so it creates a fresh one
- Removing 3rd Party Mods
- Uninstall and Reinstall

MarcG will always be along to defend his racer of choice.

I have also experienced the same game would not launch, just randomly started doing it. No idea how it got fixed, but as random as it came, as random as it just went one day.

I also agree re AI, once the best - now defended to PCars league

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 43 86.0%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 7 14.0%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 8 16.0%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 4 8.0%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 15 30.0%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 15 30.0%