Street Kart

The game does look great, I think this could be a very interesting addition to our racing options... especially considering its for iOS it looks brilliant.

I'm just sorry we failed to get this article out before the beta closed back on the 14th March (my fault, sorry folks). Keep an eye on it though everyone, it will be exciting to see everyone's feedback once it does go public...

Paul, if people want to PM me with their email address then as long at it is by the end of this week we should be able to get them added.

Street Kart Showroom.jpg

Mobile kart racing title Street Kart has been receiving substantial updates in recent months as beta development of the title continues at considerable pace.

To celebrate the progress achieved on the title so far, Fat Cigar Productions Ltd have revealed a batch of new images and gameplay footage from the latest beta build (see video below). The preview images and video showcase some impressive looking game footage of an iOS game that will be released during 2017. The third beta round is coming up in the next couple of weeks and is due to take Street Kart to the 3rd level of the game - Pro1. Pro 1 features karts up to 75mph with a choice of tyres, radiators and engines as well as additional new tracks to be added to the title.

Street Kart Preview.jpg

Street Kart is due to feature live weather (in real time from the actual location), live sun up/sun down, real time PvP action, real time championships against human opponents and has been designed to be a kart racing "simulation", but for iOS devices. As has been stated by the development team behind the game, Street Kart will feature no assists for players to lean on - the game is proposed to be a hard core karting experience. It will be an interesting experiment to see how this racing title develops for mobile. I'm looking forward to seeing how things progress in the new year.

Street Kart Beta Footage - October 2016

Street Kart Racing Cadet Championship - iOS Racing Game - Closed Beta Footage

Ross Grayle Jones, Director of Fat Cigar Productions had the following to say about the upcoming title:

"Street Kart is a multiplayer racing game for iOS, which is all in real time. Real time weather (if it’s raining in Rio it’s raining in the Rio track in the game), Real time championship racing with finite finish dates to determine championship winners and finally a game on iOS that allows you to truly test yourself again racers all around the world in PvP and synchronous action. We literally drop you in against real players from the get go and we don’t hand hold you around corners.

The game has been tested by tens of real kart racers from around the world who do this professionally seeking to make it to F1 or touring cars."
For more information on what Street art is all about, check out our recent article on RaceDepartment here.

Street Kart is currently is currently in beta testing phase and due for release in 2017. To apply for beta access, contact the studio here.

Street Kart-GibsonParkEvening.jpg Street Kart - Portugal01a.jpg

Are you part of the beta testing programme? What do you think of the game so far? Would you be interested in a kart racing time for mobile devices? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Can you use iPhone as a wheel and run the game in an iPad? I played FIFA years ago using iPhone as a pad and running the game in an iPad 2.

Just joined to the beta:thumbsup:

It would be a great addition in my opinion! Using buttons in and iPad Pro is quite uncomfortable because of size/weight! Having the option of using the iPhone as a pad or wheel will be sweet. It will make it good for Apple TV too I believe, although I don't really know how it works since I don't own it.

It looks promising!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back