F1 2010 Strange lag issue every 130 sec.

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
Ok now this is weird. I did a format a couple of days ago (clean install, no repair) and now i have a lagspike every 130 seconds.

Symptoms: When playing online in f1 2010, every 2minutes and 10seconds i get a lagspike that lasts 1sec to 1 and a half seconds. It goes like this "STUTTER...stutter.stutter". One big stutter followed by 2 or 3 small stutters. This happens the moment i join a server, so it happens in the lobby aswell. You know, when the camera slowly pans in the lobby i noticed it happens there aswell. It doesnt matter if im the host or not either. So basically it starts the moment i join an online session. This is very anoying.In singleplayer it does not happen, not in carreer nor in timetrial.

Besides f1 i also play bad company 2. It runs smooth without any sign of lagspikes. And the data sent from and to the server is much higher in BC2 then in F1.

What i have tried so far: My first instinct when i first noticed the lagspikes was "lower the graphics". So i did that but even on the lowest settings possible it still gave me the lagspikes online. I reinstalled DirectX from the disk to make sure i had all the nessesary .dll's installed required to run F1 optimal. Still no luck.

So i started thinking if i had somehow forgotten to install something important after i formatted. But i couldn't think of anything. I'm quite used to formatting pc's. I installed the latest chipset driver for my motherboard(asus p6t) right after the format(which is still the same version of the previous format 6 months ago or something). Installed the latest catalyst driver for the gpu(hd6870), the soundcard driver(xfi titanium), network driver and logitech setpoint for mouse and keyboard. After that i ran windows update. I doublechecked the bios setting to see if anything had changed or was out of the ordinairy but i couldn't spot anything. All seemed fine.

After ruling out a driver issue or graphics issue i started to concentrate on a possible connection problem. I got a 50mb cable connection which is very solid. I have reset the router and the modem to start with. Browsing the web goes normal, streaming video's are smooth and downloading files goes without problems with speeds up to 4.5mb/sec. And as mentioned before i can play Bad Company 2 online without problems. Then i installed spybot search and destroy to check for possible spyware. I dont auto-accept cookies and use an extra plugin in firefox to block flash cookies so i was fairly sure of a clean result. And it was clean, no spyware found. I then downloaded and installed AVG and ran a scan, clean again. Then i installed Comodo firewall to replace windows firewall. I accepted all trafic for F1 2010 but still the lagspikes remained. I also tried closing down windows marketplace after starting the game but still no luck. I also reinstalled GFWL.

This is when i started monitoring the time on the lagspikes and came to the conclusion that it happens every 130 seconds. And thats also where i'm at now... clueless. Something is doing something every 130 seconds and i dont have the faintest idea what it is. All i know is that it happens only when playing F1 2010 online, the moment i enter a lobby.

I hope someone can help me out because i'm all out of ideas.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 17 24.3%
  • More leagues

Votes: 16 22.9%
  • Prizes

Votes: 15 21.4%
  • Trophies

Votes: 7 10.0%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 5 7.1%