• Goodbye Dan Gurney, and thanks for the memories...
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Follow RaceDepartment also on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and / or YouTube.

EU Stock Car @ Talladega - Sat 11NOV17

Discussion in 'rFactor 2 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Joseph Wright, Nov 3, 2017.

Added to Calendar: 11-11-17
  1. alvaroanton48

alvaroanton48
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1
    I would like to participate!

• Like Like x 1
  2. FeltHat

FeltHat
    Premium

Ratings:
    +644

u gonna buuuurn~

great race guys, thats my first legit rd podium (i once scored that during super trucks event with 5 or 4 participant and half of em out :p so doesnt count)

Last edited: Nov 11, 2017
    • Like Like x 5
  3. Martin Fiala

Martin Fiala
    Oh no! It's him again! Premium

Ratings:
    +2,211
    Great fun, it's amazing how intense these races are, even if they might not look like it when you're just watching.

I was very thankful the race was restarted - I probably got on the grid too late the first time around and while trying to rejoin, I got a stop and go for going out of the pits under red...and when I went to serve it, I got out of the pits a bit too fast and got another one (with flashbacks to the last race ;) ). So restarting the race gave me another chance of starting with a clean slate, which I took full advantage of and managed to go from last to 4th :)

Thanks everyone for the race! :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 3
    • Love Love x 1
  4. FeltHat

FeltHat
    Premium

Ratings:
    +644

highlight from "first race attempt"

• Haha Haha x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Ivan Rico

Ivan Rico
    Spanish Simracer Premium

Ratings:
    +10
    Sorry for not being in track today. Had a problem yesterday and couldn't race.

Hope to see you on track next time.

6. Steve Le Gallez

Steve Le Gallez
    Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +658
    Oops, sorry again guys, my talent file just vanished :)
    Oh & Car 3, must be penalised for exceeding track limits :laugh:

• Beer Beer x 2
    • Haha Haha x 1
  7. FeltHat

FeltHat
    Premium

Ratings:
    +644

full race
    28:50 "second place incident"

• Like Like x 2
  8. Martin Fiala

Martin Fiala

Ratings:
    +2,211
    BTW I don't know why that is, but the DX11 version of rF2 - which I was running today, unlike most of the time - still feels kinda weird to me. It looked fine and smooth on stream, but somehow it doesn't *feel* right, no matter what I do, and I don't know why. It's running at the same framerate as the DX9 version, yet it somehow feels...I don't know, sluggish is perhaps how I would describe it best. The DX9 version feels silky smooth and responsive while playing in comparison. It's just weird :unsure:

(Not to mention the DX11 looks somewhat grainy - perhaps due to different AA? - and the colors and effects look kinda off to me, with a weirdly greenish/blueish hues...)

9. Achim Demuth

Achim Demuth
    Premium

Ratings:
    +57
    Thanks for the race, guys! It was my first race ever on rf2. Thank you Steve for the good set up! Maybe a little bit too much tape on the front. I guess that´s why my engine got blown in lap 26 or so. These oval races have to be on schedule every week! See you next time!

Last edited: Nov 12, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  10. FeltHat

FeltHat
    Premium

Ratings:
    +644
    hmm i reduced tape to something around 50%, maybe thats why i had no problemo with following steve whole race under slipstream :coffee:

11. Ferran122

Ferran122
    Premium

Ratings:
    +25
    Great race. Shame I blown the engine at lap 20 or so. I did not have the temperature alarm. I think we were a bit agressive with tape and bumpdraft.
    See you!

12. Martin Fiala

Martin Fiala

Ratings:
    +2,211
    The tape was okay, but the draft was too tight.

• Beer Beer x 1
  13. TobiasR

TobiasR
    Czarleeese Baygio Premium

Ratings:
    +1,507
    Someone told me that input lag is slightly higher in DX11, although I cannot say I have experienced that or "felt" it if you will.

• Like Like x 1