rF2 Stock Car @ Daytona - Sat 28OCT17

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
I guess I know understand a bit better why people like oval racing. It's a completely different experience. But incredibly intense.

The archive of my POV stream will be available on my channel when it processes.

Got to a surprisingly good start, but then was involved in an incident, had to pit to change tyres...and got drive through for speeding in pit lane. So I went around, tried to serve the penalty, but got another one :rolleyes: Thing is, I didn't notice it was a stop and go this time, so I did like three drive throughs before I finally noticed and cried :cry:

Still somehow managed to finish 7th I believe :D

Thanks everyone for the race, great experience! :thumbsup:

@vinicius.ferreira11 I was also trying to work with you ;) But it was so intense I wasn't even able to press my push to talk button to tell you to stop fighting me :) You had nothing to lose there, I was several laps behind you ;)

got caught up in that early crash, had to pit. Got penalty for pit speeding because message said about 88kph limit while my speed'o'clock was showing mph and i almost couldnt see it in vr :roflmao::roflmao: Then i couldnt serve it, i was looking for stop/go option and couldnt find it, maybe it was drive through but i couldnt rly tell. After some time stop/go option showed up but i had multiple penatlies or something, couldnt get rid of it :rolleyes: Well i had a lot of fun during practice and quali :rolleyes: Gonna join next sessions for sure. Car is amazing in vr but my head clip through that head thing around

Yeah, we should probably hold a little briefing before the next event
@Joseph Wright

On superspeedways all you need is friends to draft with. There's no point racing anyone because fighting makes you a lot slower. You should just keep your lines consistent, don't make unexpected moves and try to slowly improve your position in the group. Serious fighting for positions should and will happen a few laps before finish but you need a friend to draft with then too... For anyone interested, just watch Daytona 500 finishes from YouTube to work out the tactic ;)

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.1%
  • More leagues

Votes: 41 19.2%
  • Prizes

Votes: 44 20.7%
  • Trophies

Votes: 26 12.2%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 14 6.6%