• Goodbye Dan Gurney, and thanks for the memories...
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Follow RaceDepartment also on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and / or YouTube.

EU Stock Car @ Daytona - Sat 28OCT17

Discussion in 'rFactor 2 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Joseph Wright, Oct 14, 2017.

Added to Calendar: 28-10-17
  1. Stephen Gibb

Stephen Gibb
    Lost in the Misty Mountains Premium

Ratings:
    +430
    Sorry going have to sign out, gotta sore throat and sore head:(

2. Azure Flare

Azure Flare
    Forever a backmarker Premium

Ratings:
    +496
    I'm not gonna make it either.

3. Jonas Hillert

Jonas Hillert
    facebook.com/impactracingteam Premium

Ratings:
    +281
    Sorry guys but I have to sign out :(

4. Piotr Dul

Piotr Dul
    Sunday Driver Premium

Ratings:
    +69
    I just found this event. May I still sign up please?

5. TobiasR

TobiasR
    Czarleeese Baygio Premium

Ratings:
    +1,507
    I'll be there finally.

• Like Like x 1
  6. vinicius.ferreira11

vinicius.ferreira11
    Premium

Ratings:
    +14
    Guys, this was AWESOME!
    Hey Joseph, I just found out that chasing you was our only way to catch up the leader too damn late!
    Sorry for that. Now I understand that oval ain't all about fighting.
    Thank you so much!

• Love Love x 1
  7. Martin Fiala

Martin Fiala
    Oh no! It's him again! Premium

Ratings:
    +2,208
    I guess I know understand a bit better why people like oval racing. It's a completely different experience. But incredibly intense.

The archive of my POV stream will be available on my channel when it processes.

Got to a surprisingly good start, but then was involved in an incident, had to pit to change tyres...and got drive through for speeding in pit lane. So I went around, tried to serve the penalty, but got another one :rolleyes: Thing is, I didn't notice it was a stop and go this time, so I did like three drive throughs before I finally noticed and cried :cry:

Still somehow managed to finish 7th I believe :D

Thanks everyone for the race, great experience! :thumbsup:

@vinicius.ferreira11 I was also trying to work with you ;) But it was so intense I wasn't even able to press my push to talk button to tell you to stop fighting me :) You had nothing to lose there, I was several laps behind you ;)

• Like Like x 2
  8. FeltHat

FeltHat
    Premium

Ratings:
    +635
    got caught up in that early crash, had to pit. Got penalty for pit speeding because message said about 88kph limit while my speed'o'clock was showing mph and i almost couldnt see it in vr :roflmao::roflmao: Then i couldnt serve it, i was looking for stop/go option and couldnt find it, maybe it was drive through but i couldnt rly tell. After some time stop/go option showed up but i had multiple penatlies or something, couldnt get rid of it :rolleyes: Well i had a lot of fun during practice and quali :rolleyes: Gonna join next sessions for sure. Car is amazing in vr but my head clip through that head thing around

9. TTupsi

TTupsi

Ratings:
    +1,154
    Yeah, we should probably hold a little briefing before the next event
    @Joseph Wright

On superspeedways all you need is friends to draft with. There's no point racing anyone because fighting makes you a lot slower. You should just keep your lines consistent, don't make unexpected moves and try to slowly improve your position in the group. Serious fighting for positions should and will happen a few laps before finish but you need a friend to draft with then too... For anyone interested, just watch Daytona 500 finishes from YouTube to work out the tactic ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  10. FeltHat

FeltHat
    Premium

Ratings:
    +635
    ok
    guys, im looking for friend$$$ :whistling:

• Haha Haha x 3
  11. TTupsi

TTupsi

Ratings:
    +1,154

This is one of my favourite NASCAR finishes ever. The importance of teamwork shown perfectly :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  12. Lesley Buurlage

Lesley Buurlage
    Figure 8 survival god Premium

Ratings:
    +1,593
    ah talladega, together with pocono and daytona the best ovals. although i hope we get a race on the bristol oval one day, that would just be way too funny :roflmao:

13. FeltHat

FeltHat
    Premium

Ratings:
    +635

• Love Love x 1
    • Haha Haha x 1