1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

steering wheel set up

Discussion in 'F1 2010 - The Game' started by Brin Gotts, Oct 19, 2010.

1. New to this forum so hello to all.

I fancy a steering wheel and was wondering how you set yours up. Not the in game set up the actual physical setup. i.e how do you secure the pedals, angle them - fix the wheel etc... i used to have a steering wheel and couldn;t find a way to secure it all properly.

cheers, what a great game!

2. i have my monitor in a fairly sized table and just clamp the wheel on it (on the table, not the monitor).

i put my pedals in the ground in a spot where their back almost touch the wall behind the table, otherwise the lack of support make them skid back sometimes if i do brake hard.

3. Get a wheelstand pro. This has made ALL the difference for me. It puts together really easy and stores nicely too. The Germans did a really good job designing it.

4. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson
    Keep Yoga real Premium Member

i second that

5. cheers guys, sounds like a good solution.

next question, where is best place to buy a new G25?

cheers

6. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

Guys have a look outside the F1 2010 forum and check out this section for example: http://www.racedepartment.com/sim-racing-hardware/

Stuffed with sim racing hardware and other cool stuff that will let you enjoy your simracing game even more. :doublethumb:

7. I third that! You can race on a couch so it's more like a bucket-style racing seat. Comfy too. The Wheestand pro is pretty solid, quite heavy but it needs to be. I suggest a few cable ties to keep the cables tidy but the unit rocks. I've got a one bedroom unit so it even tucks away ok in my loungeroom. Buy it.