1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

steering wheel set up

Discussion in 'F1 2010 - The Game' started by Brin Gotts, Oct 19, 2010.

1. New to this forum so hello to all.

I fancy a steering wheel and was wondering how you set yours up. Not the in game set up the actual physical setup. i.e how do you secure the pedals, angle them - fix the wheel etc... i used to have a steering wheel and couldn;t find a way to secure it all properly.

cheers, what a great game!
  2. i have my monitor in a fairly sized table and just clamp the wheel on it (on the table, not the monitor).

i put my pedals in the ground in a spot where their back almost touch the wall behind the table, otherwise the lack of support make them skid back sometimes if i do brake hard.
  3. Get a wheelstand pro. This has made ALL the difference for me. It puts together really easy and stores nicely too. The Germans did a really good job designing it.
  4. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson
    Keep Yoga real Premium Member

i second that
  5. cheers guys, sounds like a good solution.

next question, where is best place to buy a new G25?

6. Bram

Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

Guys have a look outside the F1 2010 forum and check out this section for example: http://www.racedepartment.com/sim-racing-hardware/

Stuffed with sim racing hardware and other cool stuff that will let you enjoy your simracing game even more. :doublethumb:
  7. I third that! You can race on a couch so it's more like a bucket-style racing seat. Comfy too. The Wheestand pro is pretty solid, quite heavy but it needs to be. I suggest a few cable ties to keep the cables tidy but the unit rocks. I've got a one bedroom unit so it even tucks away ok in my loungeroom. Buy it.