1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

steel pistons???

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Hardware' started by DaVeX↯, Jun 11, 2016.

1. DaVeX↯

DaVeX↯
    Premium Member

Hi guys I am looking for something like this
    2016-06-11 13.35.54.png
    but I don't know how to search on eBay or similar places...can someone help me?I want to use them with GTEye springs on my G27 pedal set...

Last edited: Jun 12, 2016
  2. It doesn't seem as something common on the market. It looks line a brake mod I've seen being sold in the past but don't really remember the name of it. You could have it custom made.
    But to be honest here, the gteye fits perfectly in the existing caliber and your not being able to modify any lengths with the pistons you want. You got the better Springs effect already with the stock caliber and the gteye.

3. DaVeX↯

DaVeX↯
    Premium Member

This is form ARC brake mod, I am looking for something similar, a piston or what else lol

4. Yes, but what is the result you want to achieve? You got the progression through the spring already. What else?

5. DaVeX↯

DaVeX↯
    Premium Member

I want to have a full metal pedal set, remove all the plastic (I am going to reverse mount them) and maybe an hydraulic brake pedal (with GTEye spring) I am also looking to mountain bike dampers, lol, like this:

[​IMG]

6. Ok, I get the mod upgrade. Hydraulic brake uses hydraulic pressure which the gteye spring tries to replicate, so it's either gteye (cheap) or hydraulic (expensive but correct feel - also pressure sensitive).
    Good luck!

7. DaVeX↯

DaVeX↯
    Premium Member

Maybe I can use RC dampers and maybe @Moxley6969 can help me?

8. Hey, Imo a mountain bike shock would be WAYY too stiff for what your after.

So what do you currently have ? G27 with a Gteye spring ?

9. DaVeX↯

DaVeX↯
    Premium Member

Yes, G27 with GTEye springs, I want to remove the plastic Red cylinders for something metal to use with my beloved springs...

10. I had the mountain bike shock idea few months back. Ordered a cheap one from eBay for about £3 to try, but they're way to stiff, there's no movement at all. Which was a shame, as the length is just about perfect for the G27.

11. DaVeX↯

DaVeX↯
    Premium Member

Have you tried with original springs (maybe don't fit) or other springs too?