SteamVR settings - how?

Guys how do you adjust steamVR settings for rFactor 2? I want to force on motion smoothing but I can only do it on a per application basis in SteamVR, however rFactor 2 doesn't appear in the list presumably because of the launcher. When the game launches in VR it's impossible to get to the SteamVR menu too because the mirror takes up the whole screen and refuses to alt-tab!!:mad:

Yeah you need to have RF2 running then alt+tab out to change the settings, then edit the game and restart it to have an effect. Unsure why RF2 suddenly works this way but it was a SteamVR updates that "broke" it.

Last edited:
I can't seem to alt tab away from the mirror, and if I turn off the mirror I get a black screen.

I actually bought a tool on steam that let me alter the SteamVR settings in game, seems to work!

If you run rf2 fullscreen you can indeed not Alt-tab out of it. I run it windowed and can move it around on the desktop to change other stuff which is sometimes needed (steam VR settings, simucube settings, teamspeak and crewchief).

If there's a way to make rf2 not be forced to the foreground that would be very nice! So far it's one of my biggest gripes with rf2, together with the new start-up time I suffer from (takes 2 minutes to load rf2 on startup, tried a lot of stuff and nothing helped). Also the screen flicker on track loading is a bit annoying because it forces me to keep on my headset during loading (which takes a bit long).

Also the screen flicker on track loading is a bit annoying because it forces me to keep on my headset during loading (which takes a bit long).

I haven't opted into the beta and left everything just as it always has been but this has just started to happen for me since the weekend.

It's pretty painful on the eyes when that white background with the rF2 logo starts strobing away, disco style :geek:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.