Steam?????

Although I could not be with out RFactor 2 I absolutly Hate Steam . It is almost impossible to figure out How to buy items and then imposssibe to correct things with them. I have completely given up on purchasing packages from them. I have already bought too much but no more. As a matter of fact i am telling my credit card company and pay pal to stop all
transitions with them.

Hey Pawgy be aware Im not joking with you - but at least when I buy Raceroom stuff directly in the Raceroom store with allready purcased vrp money I dont have to mess with fu*** Steam.
But ok when we are talking about rF2 buying then Steam messup is mandatory.
But as said I have no problems in Raceroom - and the cars and tracks are very cheap:)

CatsAreTheWorstDogs: Be aware at the moment you can use all tracks/cars in Raceroom for free - even if you dont own them. For freee Pawgy:laugh:

:confused:
Sooooo hard, almost impossible they say.

Are you telling me you find it hard to go to the rF2 Store Page and scroll down half a page to the "Items Available For This game"?
You probably wouldn't know that in 3 mouse clicks you can see your entire Steam purchase history.
You do realise that the credit card company or paypal will tell you, if they can stop laughing, that it is you who has to stop doing transactions. They aren't your mummy holding your hand.

Just remember you two, breathe in, breathe out.
Actually, cancel that.

Pawgy i know I harassed you in ISI forum days to try my room "F3 Rookies" or Brian "BB" Birthwell's Historic room "F3 Fanatics"

Nothing has changed in all those years, do a session in there with the guys I guarantee you will forget about DLC

Brian is almost as old as you and the room is very relaxed

While we are on the topic of Steam...
Is anybody else having it 'update' every time you start it?
With in the last couple of months, when ever it is started...a progression bar will pop up indicating update.
The splash screen launches afterward.
I try to minimize writes to my SSD drive, so I may need to move steam to a mechanical drive.

Although I could not be with out RFactor 2 I absolutly Hate Steam . It is almost impossible to figure out How to buy items and then imposssibe to correct things with them. I have completely given up on purchasing packages from them. I have already bought too much but no more. As a matter of fact i am telling my credit card company and pay pal to stop all
transitions with them.
PEBKAC.

Is anybody else having it 'update' every time you start it?
Yeah I have that too.
But my guess is that its mostly some kind of fake message Steams app is showing while it is in reality just checking some of the most urgent files in the install.
But again I dont know if the files is actually changed/replaced because if you check the dates of the files they ARE changed/updated.

CatsAreTheWorstDogs: Hey @Pawgy dont take it too serious when you get the usual smartass feed back from people who allways suport Steam and the way it works. And take care of yourself in these cruel times:thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah I have that too.
But my guess is that its mostly some kind of fake message Steams app is showing while it is in reality just checking some of the most urgent files in the install.
But again I dont know if the files is actually changed/replaced because if you check the dates of the files they ARE changed/updated.

CatsAreTheWorstDogs: Hey @Pawgy dont take it too serious when you get the usual smartass feed back from people who allways suport Steam and the way it works. And take care of yourself in these cruel times:thumbsup:

Also the 2 tabs INSTALL SERVICE and CANCEL had that out of the blue a few times
Also Spintires and ATS running 0kb downloads every time I start Steam

Onedrive you uninstall it and it still runs if you do nothing :roflmao:
Same for ryzen master and others
Sleeping ones there worth more then Steam hit

What would be good if you could do custom installs in Steam
So it would give you a list of all content not just DLC and you could select only the cars and tracks you wanted to use
Before every boot you could select only what you wanted for that session so straight to series and a few tracks to choose
Save heaps of SSD space too
Just a thought

Last edited:
Before every boot you could select only what you wanted for that session so straight to series and a few tracks to choose
Not a bad idea.:thumbsup:
And for the SSD people that could also give some extra relaxation because Steam then did only "touch" the files related to the car/track you had selected beforehand.;)

CatsAreTheWorstDogs: I still havent felt the need to install a SSD on my ol puter. I use the boot time to get a good cuppa coffee.

Hahaha. Good one.:roflmao::roflmao:
But no I refused to go the Commodore way back in ancient time.
I was an Atari 1040 fella :thumbsup:

EDIT: Oh man those were the days when we were (more) alive.
I just had to find a picture of this half forgotten gem. And just see this lovely little mouse :inlove:

Atari 1040st.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes