Steam VR / Oculus - a few questions

Hi,

Have finally got Oculus VR running in R3E. Procedure I'm following is simply:

1. Launch Steam VR
2. Launch R3E

However I'm coming across a few issues, which aren't in any way game breakers but more related to achieving a better user-experience and possibly higher quality visuals.

Firstly when launching Steam VR, which is new to me, I'm presented with a screen in the HMD that shows Web, Store, Library etc. Unless I get rid of this by clicking on the 'Go Home' button, (and I can only seem to do this using the Rift controller as mouse control / cursor is not available ), this screen stays in place and sits over the top of game menus etc. Is it therefore possible to launch Steam VR in Home mode by default?

Secondly, I've set up the Steam game launch option as -VR 3.0 and reduced video quality where necessary to medium / low. (1080i graphics) Performance and visuals are good even with plenty of cars on track however the apexes and track limits are not quite as clear as those in PC2. I'll play around with the launch values and video settings a bit more, albeit I might be chasing my tail but does anyone know whether setting a pixels override setting in the Oculus debug tool, as well as setting a Steam launch option, makes a difference. Or do the launch values override / ignore it or vice-versa of course?

Finally I use both a triple monitor set up and VR so I find myself having to change the Steam launch options, depending on what I want to use. It's no biggie but it's a hassle. Is there a way of creating two launch shortcuts / executables, i.e one for each of the respective launch options? I've tried creating a shortcut for each in Steam properties but, when used, they only seem to launch whatever is set in launch options at the time rather than what was present when the shortcut was saved.

Many thanks in advance for any ideas and suggestions.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.