1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Steam users can now pre-load F1 2010

Discussion in 'F1 2010 - The Game' started by Ramon van Rijn, Sep 16, 2010.

1. Ramon van Rijn

Ramon van Rijn
    Premium Member

On Steam you are now able to Pre-Load the game. Almost done as we speak :)

2. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

Jup, I am downloading it as well :) 90% left :)

3. I'm thinking of getting it on steam but I was wandering how big the download is and if you can pause it?

4. Bram

Bram

You can always pause steam downloads at any time you want. I have no clue how big it was but it downloaded pretty fast (faster than it will be on release day for sure).

I am ready :)

5. Its 7.9GB apparently :)

6. Ain't that quite early? One week before you can play it?

I'm waiting for my retail copy :).

7. James Johnson

James Johnson
    The Weatherman

Well i'm gonna get cd version but either way i wont be able to use it till the 30th. (Holiday) :)

8. XBOX 360 version pre - ordered on www.amazon.co.uk and www.zavvi.co.uk at the moment but zavvi is cheaper, I have a BAD feeling that my arrival wont be able to be here for release day :(

9. James Johnson

James Johnson
    The Weatherman

Should try GAME since from them i usually get a game the day before release if you preorder.

10. This gonna make it much easier pre-loading it now than on release day for sure.

Quick question, if the release day of the game was posted as Sept 24th but on Steam it said this game will unlock in 4 days. That mean for Steam owners we'll be able to play this game on the 21st? Just curious. :)

11. Only problem is that its nearly £10 more than it is on zavvi, I would rather get it a day or two after but for a cheaper price!

12. Connor Caple

Connor Caple
    Slowest Racer in Town...

Bought off Steam and pre-loaded. Ready to crash F1 cars in barr... errm... I mean 'race' that's it, ready to race..

13. Bram

Bram

Hmm thats interesting :) Maybe it will be globally active on the US release date for steam preloaders :)

14. there is nothing worse right now than having the game sitting on your harddrive and not being able to play it.
    :-(

15. I'm guessing that Steam users will be able to play on Tuesday the 21st, while DVD orders will ship Friday the 24th.
    Plus, Most games are released on a Tuesday and not Friday.

16. Connor Caple

Connor Caple
    Slowest Racer in Town...

Steam earlier (while logged in on my account) said the game will unlock on 24th for me.

If you go to the website, not logged in, it has the US date instead.

17. If you seen my post under hardcore elements. I'm not getting the PS3 version. I'm saving $30 and not neglecting my Steam account which already has a ton of games. I'm currently installing and will be up for any racing! I managed to get my PC, but I will have to use a controller only temp. I cannot wait to be able to use a wheel. I am starting to go through a serious case of withdrawl from a steering wheel, since it has been 2 weeks, since my work accident.

18. Connor Caple

Connor Caple
    Slowest Racer in Town...

Better get a License here then, Rob :)

I believe the rules on PC specify we race with real names only and must be licensed members.

I'm looking forwad to playing this game more each day, especially as more and more reviews and video have become available.

19. I am in the process right now. I just requested one under this new account Rob Simms from the old xboxRob777

20. Steam tells me I can play F1 2010 This game will unlock in approximately 5 days and 7 hours