Starting in Pit vs Paddock

Is there a setting in one of the track files for startig a practice session on pit lane rather than in the paddock? Or is it "baked" into the modders track? Quite a few have you begin sessions in the paddock but I prefer kicking off from the pits.

Every session in rfactor start in the garage on all tracks.
In race session can people set in [ Race Conditions ] plr file QUICK offline MULTI online.
Settings in rfactor can also be done in the Multiplayer.ini file.
This settings is for people that shall set the server settings for online races.
it not exist any "baked" in a modders track.
To the kicking off from the pits is if people online has not get out on the grid before race begin.
paddock i not now what you mean but in simracing is the name Pit in horse is the name paddock
is it play offline with AI or is it online ? can be good to now

I should have been clearer; this is just for single player mode. I don't race against humans online haha...

At some tracks I a practice session starts deep in a paddock somewhere - I'd rather always start on pit lane or in a pit stall. Oddly, it's an issue mainly with US tracks mods. Aussie V8s and BTCC tracks almost always start out in the pits. So I was curious if there was a way to have all my tracks start me in the pits.

I've looked in the PLR [Race Conditions] settings but didn't see anything obvious... Quick Parc_Ferme=0 doesn't effect what I'm talking about

(EDIT2; PLR tweaks no difference either.

A good example of paddock vs pits is Cleveland Burke Lakefront 06. How to start on pit lane rather than the huge paddock/parc ferme? That's what I mean it seems "baked" into the track by modders - AIW perhaps?).

Last edited:
Yes, it's in the AIW. The AIW has values for "garage" spots. The modder who created the track has put those garage spots in, well, the garage, being in this case the huge paddock. If you want them to be in the pit lane, you have to change the AIW. It's not possible to do it using config files.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

Votes: 114 9.6%
  • No

Votes: 1,069 90.4%
Back