1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Standing starts with Logitech DFGT

Discussion in 'RACE 07 - Official WTCC Game' started by Matthew Schofield, Dec 6, 2012.

1. Hi all

I'm using automatic clutch and manual gears with my DFGT in Race 07. When I'm lined up on the grid waiting for the race to start, I put my brakes on and select first gear waiting for the lights to go out, but I can't build any revs with the accelerator. They rise just slightly for a second or two, and then drop back to idle, no matter how hard I pin the accelerator. As a workaround, I'm selecting neutral, holding the brakes, raising the revs, then when the lights go out, dropping the brakes and selecting 1st gear. Is that how it is for real cars, or have I got a duff setting somewhere? It feels really clunky. Thanks
  2. Use manual clutch :laugh:
  3. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan
    Let's just get out there and RACE!! Premium Member

I select manual shift and automatic clutch in the menu. I have the clutch assigned to the L3 button. For the starts, before any lights come on I have my thumb on the clutch, my foot down on the accelerator and when the lights come up, the engine starts and I put the car in gear. I set the throttle position for what I hope is a good launch and wait for the lights to go out. Thumb off clutch as soon as race starts. The effect of slipping the clutch can be set in the controls menu but working the throttle seems to work better for me.
    • Like Like x 3
  4. Thanks. I tried setting the clutch to a button on the wheel, but when I let go of the button (from standing start), the engine tries to stall. Didn't know clutch slip effect could be set, I'll go and have a play. Thanks again.
  5. Justin Swan

Justin Swan

I use a DFGT but I simple sit in "N" with the revs up and simply hit the gear up as soon as the lights go out. I'm hoping to get a G27 soon so I'll be able to get to grips with a clutch pedal :)
  6. I use the same method as Dennis, it's the fastest/easiest way to start. It's so reliable that i can even adjust for cold tires, wet weather, downhill/uphill with the amount of revs (i look at the throttle percentage from second screen so i can know how much torque i'm aiming for if the rev limit comes before that target..search real time telemetry) and just be absolutely confident that it works.. And boy, does it work.. I think my average passes in start in this PrestoGP season is ~2... Just yesterday i passed 2 in Sao Paulo start (i lost those places 7 laps later..) with cold weather and cold tires that needed warmth to get the pressures right... Just 5% less throttle to total of 40% and bang on, little wheelspin and then throttle to the floor... Warm weather and supersoft tires, it was 47%

And i wasn't that good before, it was more luck.
  7. Wait, what's wrong with just leaving the car in neutral then shifting up to 1st when the lights go off? Is it slower or something?
  8. Justin Swan

Justin Swan

Thats what I do and usually get a good start.
  9. After trying the clutch thing, no, I don't think selecting 1st when the lights go out is any slower. I think the drivers around me are just doing better :D
  10. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

Gear ratio selection for 1st gear makes a biggie!!
  11. Please can you tell me where/how you can adjust clutch slip?
  12. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan

Options>Control Settings>Advanced>Clutch Sensitivity> %

Make a change to the amount and press your clutch button to see how it changes. It must be tried to see the effect and I have to say it's difficult to get right.
  13. Thx for that, I'll test it out. Much appreciated :)
  14. or you could leave automatic clutch on, set the clutch to a button and do it that way because it will work to hold the car but as soon as you let go of the button the auto clutch will kick in and stop the car from stalling