• "Mwoah" - Kimi Räikkönen
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

Standing start light sequence?

Discussion in 'iRacing' started by gasoline12, Jul 5, 2017.

1. gasoline12

gasoline12
    Premium

Ratings:
    +80
    OK so in my 2nd ever race on iRacing in rookies MX 5 i qualified 2nd out of 12 and at the start i went on the red lights!! I blame all other racing games for that!

So what is he sequence as the first race i simply moved when the guys in front did but on the front row i panicked and went on red... so had a stop go that lasted for like a day....
    still came 5th though...

• Like Like x 1
    • Haha Haha x 1
  2. Eckhart von Glan

Eckhart von Glan

Ratings:
    +709
    haha, nice one. red lights come on, everyone starts to rev up a little (in gear 0), red lights go off gear in and off you go. A false start is not uncommon, though. The better players use handbrake to get the best possible start, i'm too dumb for that and get passed by a chap or two, but hey - all in a day's work.

3. snyperal

snyperal
    Premium

Ratings:
    +68
    I put it in first gear with the clutch in, a button map would suffice. When the lights go green drop the clutch and hold on tight...

4. gasoline12

gasoline12
    Premium

Ratings:
    +80
    Yes it was the green lights that threw me! These days its go when red goes out.
    Sortedit now and got my first win last night in mazda mx 5 rookies.

• Like Like x 2
    • Haha Haha x 1