Resource icon

Tracks Stadtlohn-Vreden Motodrom 1.02

Login or Register an account to download this content
Black_panda1 submitted a new resource:

Stadtlohn-Vreden Motodrom - Airfield street circuit

Hey there!
This is my first upload and im really proud about the way it tourned out. Im still working on the track, so there will probably be some updates to the Project at a later point.

THE TRACK:

located at the small Airfield, the track spans over the runway and the Taxiways, as well as the ways between the hangars, creating a Circuit which is 3,285 metres in length, features 21 corners, and 60 pitstalls.
The Track works decently with ai, the cars do not drive through walls. The only...

Read more about this resource...

Black_panda1 submitted a new resource:

Stadtlohn-Vreden Motodrom - Airfield street circuit

Read more about this resource...
Hi!

Congratulations on your work! I really liked the whole set: aesthetics and functionality – really the AIW is well built, yes! Surely, you are quite talented and, above all, capricious; Your contribution is of great value to me and I believe to the entire community!

I don't know if I was able to perceive the real problems to which you refer: 1. at the exit of the pits (I didn't notice anything, neither in the driving nor in aesthetics) and 2. in turns 14 and 15, however, the only thing I noticed was the aesthetic issue at the meeting between the external area and the asphalt where I identified overlapping material (Z-fighting) and small cracks... Is that the problem? Well, if it is, I've adjusted this (ta16) for me and I'm passing it on to you so you don't rack your brains and can invest your time in other projects, because if this first one already carries great quality I'm imagining the next one!

Well, I beg your pardon to write down here some problems I've noticed and I know that some people don't react well to some criticism, so I apologize, but my intention is to help improve your great work even more and I know that, just like you said, you're still working on the project... Well, I noticed the following:

• This may even be questionable, since you may have assembled the rumbles ("sobj" objects with rmbl textures) the way you purposely assembled, but at first, if you didn't assemble them that way on purpose, I'd say they're all inverted... That is, the ones on the right side are the rubles on the left side and the ones on the left side are the ones on the right side. This, in fact, is just a matter of aesthetics, at first... but it can be an aggravating factor if they are configured the way they should be configured in the SCN, with collision, after all it is an object that belongs to the terrain and must be configured as it is any and all terrain with the line ("CollTarget=True HATTarget=True ShadowReceiver=True") in its corresponding objects in the SCN. And if they are configured this way in the SCN, they will certainly be higher than they should since they are with the highest part for the track and in F1 cars this can become a problem of rollovers in certain sections;
  • Another problem I encountered was in the tire barriers... At least in my mod this was a problem: when I touched these barriers my car sank into the asphalt... I didn't understand, at first, what the problem could be, but I ended up solving the problem by changing the name of the materials that involved them, that is, for all "roadaXXX" that was named in these materials, I changed it to "twallXXX" from then on, this was solved. I'm also sending you this material on RAR.
  • Finally, still on the tire barriers, the named "sobj_11" is collision-free in its SCN, CollTarget=False HATTarget=False... the others are correct, as they should be: CollTarget=True HATTarget=False
Anyway, once again congratulations for the great work and I look forward to future projects!

Note: oh yes, I also made some small adjustments to the ta2 (a Z-fighting in the external area and a gap between the external area and the asphalt) and that's why I'm also sending this material, ok?!

Hugs

Last edited:
Hi!

Congratulations on your work! I really liked the whole set: aesthetics and functionality – really the AIW is well built, yes! Surely, you are quite talented and, above all, capricious; Your contribution is of great value to me and I believe to the entire community!

I don't know if I was able to perceive the real problems to which you refer: 1. at the exit of the pits (I didn't notice anything, neither in the driving nor in aesthetics) and 2. in turns 14 and 15, however, the only thing I noticed was the aesthetic issue at the meeting between the external area and the asphalt where I identified overlapping material (Z-fighting) and small cracks... Is that the problem? Well, if it is, I've adjusted this (ta16) for me and I'm passing it on to you so you don't rack your brains and can invest your time in other projects, because if this first one already carries great quality I'm imagining the next one!

Well, I beg your pardon to write down here some problems I've noticed and I know that some people don't react well to some criticism, so I apologize, but my intention is to help improve your great work even more and I know that, just like you said, you're still working on the project... Well, I noticed the following:

• This may even be questionable, since you may have assembled the rumbles ("sobj" objects with rmbl textures) the way you purposely assembled, but at first, if you didn't assemble them that way on purpose, I'd say they're all inverted... That is, the ones on the right side are the rubles on the left side and the ones on the left side are the ones on the right side. This, in fact, is just a matter of aesthetics, at first... but it can be an aggravating factor if they are configured the way they should be configured in the SCN, with collision, after all it is an object that belongs to the terrain and must be configured as it is any and all terrain with the line ("CollTarget=True HATTarget=True ShadowReceiver=True") in its corresponding objects in the SCN. And if they are configured this way in the SCN, they will certainly be higher than they should since they are with the highest part for the track and in F1 cars this can become a problem of rollovers in certain sections;
  • Another problem I encountered was in the tire barriers... At least in my mod this was a problem: when I touched these barriers my car sank into the asphalt... I didn't understand, at first, what the problem could be, but I ended up solving the problem by changing the name of the materials that involved them, that is, for all "roadaXXX" that was named in these materials, I changed it to "twallXXX" from then on, this was solved. I'm also sending you this material on RAR.
  • Finally, still on the tire barriers, the named "sobj_11" is collision-free in its SCN, CollTarget=False HATTarget=False... the others are correct, as they should be: CollTarget=True HATTarget=False
Anyway, once again congratulations for the great work and I look forward to future projects!

Note: oh yes, I also made some small adjustments to the ta2 (a Z-fighting in the external area and a gap between the external area and the asphalt) and that's why I'm also sending this material, ok?!

Hugs
Thanks a lot!
I will have a look at the issues you mentioned for a future version.
The problems with the pit exit lies within the ai lines because they sometimes swerve into approaching traffic. At turn 14-15, the corner is sometimes too tight for the ai or they just understeer into the wall which may just be a skill issue but its not really ideal nontheless.

Thanks a lot!
I will have a look at the issues you mentioned for a future version.
The problems with the pit exit lies within the ai lines because they sometimes swerve into approaching traffic. At turn 14-15, the corner is sometimes too tight for the ai or they just understeer into the wall which may just be a skill issue but its not really ideal nontheless.
Man, normally, when I get a new circuit, I first look at the aesthetics, and if I find something bad, I try to fix what's bad or causing a problem. In the case of this circuit what I found was what I told you (just one detail here: what I found of Z-fighting and what I noticed was on the outside of turn 16 and not on 14 and 15), and the most serious problem was really in the tire barriers, otherwise just those small details that didn't disturb or denigrate the scenario; All very well done and I reiterate my congratulations for that. Still in aesthetics, I observed that the ambulances deserve a reconfiguration in the texture in the double-sided application, in the 3dsimed you can't notice the problem, but on the track if you look closely you will see that they are defective – applying double-sided this is solved.

After I see the aesthetics of the objects, I try to apply some settings in the SCN, such Caster shadows on objects that deserve it: garages, banners and bridges; I apply receiver shadows where they should be, just like in rumbles, just as I apply collision to objects that should have collision or collision withdrawal if there is no need for collision with one object or another. In the case of the rumbles, I applied the correct configuration and I was satisfied, because they, the rumbles, even turned upside down, did not generate any rollover, so I was afraid that it would happen, everything is ok, at most I observed cars raising both wheels, but so far this is not a serious problem.

Well, only then do I start to test the functionality more carefully and check, after knowing the circuit well, if there is a good competitiveness generated by AIW. I had said that the functionality was perfect and I reiterate that. Everything worked perfectly and with excellent competitiveness, even in turns 14 and 15, I didn't notice any problems. I don't use fuel so I can't say anything about the exit of the pitlane, but in practice I didn't observe any accidents on the exit of it... So, for me the circuit is perfect; Everything ok, I am quite satisfied with your work: functional, fun and beautiful! I thank you!

Hugs

Black_panda1 updated Stadtlohn-Vreden Motodrom with a new update entry:

Update 1.02

This Update:
  1. improved the terrainmeshes from a horrible mess to a somewhat acceptable mess
  2. Added & improved shadows
  3. Added a short layout, which is hidden in the location folder(I hope to get it ingame in the next update)
  4. functional curbs
  5. Bug where you clip in the ground when you hit a tire wall should be fixed now
  6. Improved Collisions on Objects
  7. some bollards now fly away when hit
  8. probably something i forgor

Read the rest of this update entry...

Fast and accurate; Surely you know what you do!

Thanks for the update, especially in the rumble reversals! When at first I said that it would only be a matter of aesthetics, in fact, it wasn't quite like that... I had noticed some rollovers in other tests, just as I said could happen... Anyway, now it's all good!

See, I didn't put the whole track in the game, I just took the rumbles, because the other updates I had already done myself and there was no need, therefore, to change the entire work, since everything else was satisfactory to me (although there was still another crack at the end of the back straight that I was going to fix, but you've spotted it too and you've fixed it). However, I opened the track in 3dsimed to see if there were any additional modifications and observed the following:

• The first three bumbles (sobj_17, 18 and 19) it seems to me that you didn't reverse them. They are quite tall in their original construction and I had already lowered them to 17 (be aware, to me it presented itself as a wall... my car hit this bumble and stopped as if it had hit a wall, when I lowered it it was good so when I saw that you didn't reverse it I didn't change the object) and the 19 (as I use F1 mod, with low cars, this rumble held my car; not like a wall, but like an object that stuck to the bottom of the car and because I also lowered it I didn't change it).
  • Near the sobj_17 there is a huge gap in the ground between ta2 and ta10 where before it was perfect...
Anyway, I'm sorry, I don't want to bother you with my observations, but I see that you're very connected to details (me too...) and, for sure, you want to give your best, so I'm motivating you to get to that best, even bothering you about it; My intention is for the work to be perfect, just as I know that you also want it perfect; you're almost there!!

I continue to admire your talent and dedication!

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.