1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Win a £4,500 Vesaro Racing Rig! Click here for more information.

Sport Coupe Concept Competition.

Discussion in 'Racer' started by Raphael Buthmann, Mar 17, 2011.

1. Rules :

-Unlimited numbers of doors.
    -Minimum of 200 HP and maximum of 550 hp.
    -Maximum lenght : 5.2 M
    -Any type of engine modifications without getting out the power specifications.
    -Prices between U$$ 35.000,00 and U$$ 350.000,00
    -Any type of fuel (gas , etanol , diesel , eletric , hidrogen , etc)
    -CG and Non-cg shaders required.
    -Last racer version compatible.
    -Scripts allowed.
    -Competition ends : 4 months later the beggining.

Competitors :

1-Raphael Buthmann
    2-KS95
    3-Camsinny
    4-Harey
    5-stop!ng
    6-206

Competition Ends :

July 24th

2. KS95

KS95
    RACER Moderator

I'd be up for that, I coincidently have already drawn a plan for a sport coupe.

3. ^^ Thanks man , anyone more ? =(

4. I'm pretty keen.

5. so let's compete Cam ? lol

6. Yeah count me in. Got a design in mind.

7. Hm, Non-Cg shaders...
    On what kind of aspects would you judge the cars ?
    Also, the car could have a 550hp engine & fly away if it weights 500 kg, so you should constrain the car weight to a certain number...

Was thinking to do aircraft tests with Racer Newton engine lately, idk seems possible....physically talking for sure. :D

8. I have an super car made by me in another program, and i want it to import in racer for a long time, but i didnt had the motivation. Could this be the time for me to make it happen? :D but it will be very hard.. maybe i will need to make it scratch made for racer ... :(

9. Yeah you said it !!! :)
    Pain & suffering....

10. KS95

KS95
    RACER Moderator

It's worth it haha. I just took a picture of my blueprint and re-drew it in Photoshop. It's now quite a bit shorter. It has giant wheel arches for giant wheels, but I think I may have to change that since the engine will be in the rear.. hmm.

11. About the wheight , we need categories. Coupe cars are a complex and large type of cars , if you want to do a small coupe in the competition you can , or a big car with a big engine , a small car with a charger or turbo you can . ^^

Let's judge te physics. If they are 'real' and possible , how the car handles and about non-cg shaders , some people don't have access to the latest racer beta , so let's give a chance for them to test and give them opinions about it and vote . :D

I'll post my car now.

12. I'll give it a shot, but mine will more so be a major rework to the Iota, can't guarantee I'll even finish. As I'm starting my new job tuesday, and I'll be working 10 hours a day, and well basically I won't have too much time, but I will have some.

13. So you're in, arent you ?

14. Yeah but I can't say for sure I'll finish.

15. I'm gonna give it a try... again^^
    Would be a brialliant comp to get pratice with Blender. And I have some more time now than I had back during the last contest.
    Going to start sketching right today.

16. 2o6

2o6

Gonna try.

Not making any promises.

17. End Date added ^^ Let's start the competition

18. KS95

KS95
    RACER Moderator

"-Competition ends : 4 months later the beggining."

I believe you can't count :tongue:

19. just added 1 day lol.

20. KS95

KS95
    RACER Moderator

No I mean, March to June, that's 3 months :)

Either that or I can't count, which is also likely.. :|