Spin/Lock indicator?

Hi all, after so many years i reinstalled GTR-2 and found out about the best thing that ever happened to this game, which is Crewchief. Got one question for the experts; right at the moment i have perfectly installed gtr2 crewchief and simhub for sho-overlays and i'm fine with it, but i saw the post about spin/lock up indicator is in the crewchief but can not find this on hq cars (i enabled additional motec page and them but can't see any indicator if it will be on the motec lcd)... Hq cars doesnt have them or did i miss something to do? If they don't then how can i implement to them is there a way?

See Plugin manual, it explains how to add Enhanced Motec elements to a car. Also, at trackaholics, search for "for Crew Chief", you will find bunch of cars modified to use new Motec elements. Several cars have those indicators in real life (but they don't necessarily work the same), and you can see how it is done by reading the manual and inspecting enhanced cars. If you are not familiar with car modding, you may want to ask modders to utilize the new features, and I will gladly help, as long as real car in real motorsport series has the element in question.

Here, you can see one of the cars enhanced:

If you want some hint about spinning/locking, you could also utilize SimHub ShakeIt capability. I guess even without tactile transducers, you could make simhub play some sound on spin/lock?

Lastly, thinking about it more, I am pretty sure SimHub can be scripted to have some indicators as an overlay.

Additional data pages print additional info on LCD screen when you hit "LCD Mode" button, and, yes HQ patch has icons needed for those new pages. I do not think FIA GT 2003/2004 had spin/lock indicators.

Last edited:
I recommend making use of FFB Steer Vibe and Brake Vibe to actually simulate the real feeling of locking up:

FFB steer vibe freq mult="1.00000" // Controls frequency of steering vibration. Recommended: 0.5 to 1.0, 0.0 disables steering vibration.
FFB steer vibe zero magnitude="0.00952" // Magnitude of steering vibration at 0mph (reference point).
FFB steer vibe slope="0.01173" // Slope of line defining magnitude as a function of frequency (used with FFB steer vibe zero magnitude).
FFB steer vibe wave type="1" // Type of wave to use for vibe: 0=Sine, 1=Square, 2=Triangle, 3=Sawtooth up, 4=Sawtooth down.
FFB steer force average weight="1.00000" // How much weight is given to new steering force calculations each frame (0.01 - 1.0). Lower values will smooth out the steering force, but will also add latency.

FFB brake vibe freq mult="1.00000" // Scales actual brake rotational frequency to force feedback vibration frequency.
FFB brake vibe zero magnitude="0.00100" // Magnitude of brake vibration at 0mph (reference point).
FFB brake vibe slope="0.07500" // Slope of line defining magnitude as a function of frequency (used with FFB brake vibe zero magnitude).
FFB brake vibe wave type="0" // Type of wave to use for vibe: 0=Sine, 1=Square, 2=Triangle, 3=Sawtooth up, 4=Sawtooth down.
FFB brake vibe update thresh="0.00000" // Amount of change required to update brake vibe (0.0 to 1.0)

You'll probably need to tune Zero Magnitude and Vibe Slope to best suit your own wheel.

I do have logitech g27 btw, do i need to alter the settings you send Shovas (thanks for the answer btw:))?

Thanks to you too Iron Wolf, yes i checked the manual already and apperantly i need to change settings according to motec but couldnt find it then i assumed maybe those are now automatic (some functions said will be auto from now on at some post idk which). But then again didnt know the problem was HQ cars not have that :) ...

I do have logitech g27 btw, do i need to alter the settings you send Shovas (thanks for the answer btw:))?

Thanks to you too Iron Wolf, yes i checked the manual already and apperantly i need to change settings according to motec but couldnt find it then i assumed maybe those are now automatic (some functions said will be auto from now on at some post idk which). But then again didnt know the problem was HQ cars not have that :) ...
oh, see the thing is I update manual very often, at least every time plugin is updated, yes, plugin will now detect Enhanced elements automatically.

I think if you bookmark this: https://thecrewchief.org/downloads/gtr2/GTR2_CC_EP.pdf you will always see the latest version in browser.

And, yes, car needs to be authored in a special way for it to have indicators.

Thank you all guys :) Keep doing what you are doing, GTR 2 is my childhood Masterpiece and seeing this game evolved to this state just recently i just cant believe and comprehend really its awesome (ordered VR last week after seeing the support like "come on take my money and send the glasses :D)...

Now i need to get back to game ^^

Thank you all guys :) Keep doing what you are doing, GTR 2 is my childhood Masterpiece and seeing this game evolved to this state just recently i just cant believe and comprehend really its awesome (ordered VR last week after seeing the support like "come on take my money and send the glasses :D)...

Now i need to get back to game ^^
what HMD are you getting? Don't burn the return receipt if you get it for GTR2, don't forget it is a hack and it does not work for everyone, and I have only one HMD to test (Pimax)...

Last edited:
Samsung HMD odyssey plus ... Its like 10 second thinking and 1 minute research for simrace resulting to choosing this one ... plz do not write something like "damn man why did you get that one?" ^^
I do not want to ruin your party. It's a good HMD, with nice colors (I had Odyssey briefly), but WMR does... interesting things with mouse, some people complained about GTR2+WMR :( and I have no damn clue as I have no WMR. It will work/should, but... I remember even in rFactor 2, which is native VR, not a hack, I had to tape the proximity sensor on Odyssey, otherwise I could not use mouse in game.

Last edited:
I want to scream "Noooo" like darth vader at this point but i already pull the trigger :| ... Well i guess all i have is hope for the best :)

*moves away from keyboard with a tear in his eyes...

I want to scream "Noooo" like darth vader at this point but i already pull the trigger :| ... Well i guess all i have is hope for the best :)

*moves away from keyboard with a tear in his eyes...
sorry man, and you got me scared when you put so much faith to buy HMD for unofficial, tiny hack.

Anyway, on a bright side - I think it will work, you may have hard time using mouse in GTR2 in VR. But it might be fixable by taping proximity sensor. Once you get your HMD, let me know how it goes.

I will actualy be the happiest GTR 2 lover on earth if it functions half decent (playable if you will), seeing that lovely motec in VR and knowing this was the game i played 16 years ago is enough (sshh i'm lowering the bar on purpose) ... I will tell the results ^^

I will actualy be the happiest GTR 2 lover on earth if it functions half decent (playable if you will), seeing that lovely motec in VR and knowing this was the game i played 16 years ago is enough (sshh i'm lowering the bar on purpose) ... I will tell the results ^^
I'll try to help you best I can, it really hurts my pride when my stuff is not perfect. Feel free to contact me on my project's Discord.

I am pretty sure it will be playable, and maybe even very good.

Last edited:
I'll try to help you best I can, it really hurts my pride when my stuff is not perfect. Feel free to contact me on my project's Discord.

I am pretty sure it will be playable, and maybe even very good.
You are trying to make it perfect and willing to help without me asking man... For me thats a dedication i admire and appreciate :) ... Wish i had time to learn all these things and contribute like you but work and family life is taking too much time already :)

You are trying to make it perfect and willing to help without me asking man... For me thats a dedication i admire and appreciate :) ... Wish i had time to learn all these things and contribute like you but work and family life is taking too much time already :)
I want to help you because I see you put effort into learning. What I do not enjoy is OMG it's broken, with 0 effort put in. Anyway, keep me posted.

where is it displayed ? in pages mode along with tyre temp ? I mean if it is not displayed by default but only when you hit space bar that is not more deranging that class position you made me add ;)

where is it displayed ? in pages mode along with tyre temp ? I mean if it is not displayed by default but only when you hit space bar that is not more deranging that class position you made me add ;)
no, see the video (they are LEDs on top of the panel) and the manual - it is special 3D geometry and multiple materials. And most important 2003/2004 did not have it. It is quite a bit of work, not just extra icons. You can also check how Markus did it for GTE/Porche Cup, but I won't be part of this crime :D

Speaking of additional data pages indeed some of them display data not allowed by series regulations. I will be adding setting to specify which pages should be visible vs hidden.

Last edited:

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 13 13.7%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 10 10.5%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 10 10.5%
  • Thursday

Votes: 12 12.6%
  • Friday

Votes: 36 37.9%
  • Saturday

Votes: 51 53.7%