"Spec 2.0" Gran Turismo 5 (GT5) Chase Camera

Misc "Spec 2.0" Gran Turismo 5 (GT5) Chase Camera 1.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
rapidough submitted a new resource:

Gran Turismo 5 (GT5) Chase Camera - Just modified and edited kirbyguy22's A-spec chase cam to replicate Gran Turismo 5 chase cam.

Did a very quick and simple edit to kirbyguy22's "A-spec" mod which replicates Gran Turismo 3's (GT3) chase camera. You can download that here: https://www.overtake.gg/downloads/a-spec-gran-turismo-3-chaser-camera-for-csp.46150/

The behavior of the cam from my observations and testing is around 85-90% of the way there in terms of how accurate it is to the actual chase cam in Gran Turismo 5--it's tight, stiff and is actually quite effective to use competitively.

Also, if you...

Read more about this resource...

is there any specific PPfilter that emulates the GT5 look? It appears you're using one in the preview shots
Hmm, no... I have been in fact trying to find one in order to complement the chase camera just for fun. The one used in the preview was the one I think looks the closest (with some adjustments of the tone mapping and the exposure values. The ppfilter is called "pure" and it comes with Peter Boese's PURE weather and graphics mod. You can get it at his patreon here (awesome guy): https://www.patreon.com/peterboese

Think you could remove the looking backwards when right stick is moved downwards?
You can already do that...? Just disable the 'Use Xbox joystick for looking' in the chase camera settings so you can instead use the keybinds used for looking left, right, etc...

Last edited:
You can already do that...? Just disable the 'Use Xbox joystick for looking' in the chase camera settings so you can instead use the keybinds used for looking left, right, etc...
I want to disable ONLY the looking backwards when right stick is moved downwards. GT5 camera doesn't work like that. And I still use the left/right camera on the right stick, and also looking backwards the stick is PRESSED down.

I want to disable ONLY the looking backwards when right stick is moved downwards. GT5 camera doesn't work like that. And I still use the left/right camera on the right stick, and also looking backwards the stick is PRESSED down.
Well, I can't help you with that unfortunately.

Just disable the Xbox joystick look entirely and switch to using any key/controller binds that you can set in the Controls tab located in Settings. Set the bind of the Glance Left/Right button to your left/right joystick respectively and leave the look back button unassigned. Then, viola.

If you are aiming to achieve an authentic GT5 experience: the Look Left/Right buttons should be assigned to the left/right d-pad buttons respectively and that Look Back/Behind buttons to the classic L1 button (or LB for Xbox controllers.) That is how it is set up in the actual game. :)

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea