Sorry..but am i the only one

Msportdan

@Simberia
...who actually does not want to see off road content?!!

I love reiza I love this sim, and the whole campaign etc etc. I love some of the track content coming up, but the offroad err sorry nah, that's what dirt rally is for.

Im not sure the funding will even reach the offroad, and I can live with that.

sorry guys.. :(

You said yourself "(...) than power sliding a Super Truck in the dirt" - isn't dirt a specific type of track?
Yea well power sliding in the dirt is pretty cool and way more interesting to me than under driving a high powered car in the rain. Whats more cars intended for dirt can be used on pavement. So we open up a whole branch of cars that we'd likely never see otherwise. The way dirt track cars are built is itself fodder for so much pavement hooliganism.

Oh I'd use the sh*t outta it :)
But you know that most wouldn't. Most race department races would be in the dry. Occasional rain in multiplayer is the rule to expect. Meanwhile a whole dirt track branch of racing could emerge distinct from other types of racing. It adds more use to the community as a whole however you feel about your personal fixation with mastering the hydroplane. ;)

With all honesty, I've never ever in my time with GSCE met people that whine about no dirt trucks, but there were plenty whining about no changeable weather #fact2
Why should I find it compelling to use whiners as our metric for determining the value of something? Most whiners in sim racing in general dismiss Reiza for having an old engine that has crap graphics with cars and tracks that don't have badges and don't host any F1 events. Let the whiners have PCars I say. I don't remember any whiners in the community demanding Cascavel but I'm glad I have it. I have seen Reiza give me great things I never knew I wanted.

I think rain is a fixation people have because of its mythical quality in racing. But for every wet lap Senna ran that has entered the vernacular of incredulous racing fanboyism there are dozens of events like the most recent Tudor Championship race at Watkins Glen where the entire track was red flagged because of excessive wet and there were a string of full course cautions because professional drivers kept losing control and wrecking. The race ended under caution. On the whole that was a pretty crummy result compared to a dry race like this year's 12 hours of Sebring.

I think rain is a fetish. It has some merit in a simulation but its hardly in my opinion important. Meanwhile dirt is a huge part of racing and simulating a loose surface would be a huge benefit to the community compared to a weather option that would in most cases only take the already troubling issues of racing with other unprofessional human beings and send it straight to hell.

I'll close with this thought: on a dirt track you could probably drive a formula 1 car like the Formula Vee, sideways around corners and still be in control and do a fast lap.

I personally could 100% live without off road racing and if it were solely my call, I would tell Reiza to skip it and focus on the pavement. That said, I understand many people DO like the off road stuff & this could be a real game-changer for the platform in terms of widening the user base. If Reiza has done their homework and feel like including off road will bring more racers to the party, then I say go for it.

hhmmm.. i agree about the rain, too..

But most games get the rain wrong, (pcars for ex) its a hard thing to code i imagine. Maybe for this gSC its too far out of reach.

I am not dissing for reiza for the off road thing, i just would like to see more track racing material. More cars (cater hams, radicals etc etc)

Maybe they are just trying to do something different than others on the old engine.

Hundred people, hundred opinions.
For exmaple me - I'm not fan of open-wheelers (oh! don't punish me! I was born with that!) :confused:
I looking forward to rallycross which was the thing why I have played Dirt 2, enjoyed a lot, but was dreaming about sth more proper. Supertrucks looks very funny, totaly different level of experience and I bet it can gain your skills (maybe slightly only).

For now we can say we WILL HAVE Supertracks (and Formula V10) for sure, cause they will be available if funding reach 70 %, and because only 4 % left, this we will make it! :rolleyes:
link

Fingers crossed for the highest level of funding (120 % optionaly, like highest difficulty is). :thumbsup:

I totally get your point, P*Funk :) You must let me still have mine, though ;)
And it's also already settled, because Bonanza reached the dirt-level confirmation :thumbsup:
I'm very happy for the new UI and FV10 :D

Cheers!

All this talk about dirt / super trucks has me thinking about all the hours of my childhood that were wasted playing Ivan "Ironman" Stewart's Super Off Road. I think the addition of super trucks is great, especially since there is a lack of similar products currently.

Racing is racing. In a supertruck it is still racing. And when you see videos, It seems really technical and fun. 100% for It ;-)
Totally agree 100%. Youtube is full of both the Super Trucks and Rallycross series' having some incredibly exciting racing, both on asphalt and dirt (with some tracks being combinations of both). I'm especially excited about the thoughts of finally getting to drive the Super Trucks but would also love some Rallycross as well.

From the sounds, to the physics, the jumps, flips, and 3-wheel racing with that wild suspension body roll... Yes sir indeed, I'll take some of that, thank you very much. I've always wanted to see this kind of racing in a high quality simulation and I applaud Reiza for finally being the ones to give it a go.

After selling my audi s4 and buying a new Rubicon unlimited I've really become addicted to the offroad side of racing and really look forward to the rally cross and super trucks content!
It's amazing how such a small company with limited funds has been able to aquire all these great licenses, exciting times are ahead for this company and title.
I am just thankful they didn't spend there development time creating an ATV/canyon combo and stuck with official racing series ;)

From the sounds, to the physics, the jumps, flips, and 3-wheel racing with that wild suspension body roll... Yes sir indeed, I'll take some of that, thank you very much. I've always wanted to see this kind of racing in a high quality simulation and I applaud Reiza for finally being the ones to give it a go.

I feel exactly the same way. I've been "sim racing" in some form for 15 years or so, I've driven just about every combination of cars on tarmac tracks, and some on dirt tracks. What I've never experienced is the thrill of a bouncing super truck flying through the air, but every time I see the real trucks I think to myself "Man! I wish I could do this in sim racing!". Now, I'll finally be able to, and I expect it to be a right old hoot. The RallyX will be fun too, I've only experience this in the Dirt series and it wasn't very captivating due to the non-captivating nature of that game. But to have it in a proper sim should be something fresh and exciting.

I, for one, applaud Reiza for bring some fresh, new stuff to our little sim world. With these new additions it's probably going to be the most diverse sim (of quality) available, especially if you include the Ftrucks. Stock cars (both FWD and RWD), formula cars (modern and vintage), V8 super cars, AWD race cars, RallyX cars, big rigs, a street car, a hot-hatch Mini, high-flying super trucks, tarmac racing, dirt/gravel racing, modern tracks, historic tracks, and the super sexy Utes.........there is literally something for everyone (except motorcycle fans). And if you don't care for one particular style, there's more than enough other styles to keep you happy. :thumbsup:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.