Sophia Floersch Survives Horror Macau Accident

Wrong, if you're a F3 driver and is trying to achieve higher series you're exactly forced to race there, if F1 drivers think like you we're still seeing 20% of the field death each year as it uses to be.
That was a thing in the past, nowadays not anymore. None of the main F3 championships (and by that I mean Euro, US and Japan. Even the Asian F3 is not linked) require you to drive there really

Usually people who likes the dangerous factor is those who has never had a indoor karting racing and the major risk they're under too is get a CTD while playing some bugged video-game , there's several stuff that make motorsports exciting, the risk of death should not be among them at least for not mental people.
Stay in your bubble then,not leave home,dont eat,dont work etc.....

Usually people who likes the dangerous factor is those who has never had a indoor karting racing and the major risk they're under too is get a CTD while playing some bugged video-game , there's several stuff that make motorsports exciting, the risk of death should not be among them at least for not mental people.

Doesn't seem fair to insinuate that nobody here understands the dangers of motorsport.
And I didn't see anybody say or imply that death makes the sport more exciting.

I think people are arguing that you shouldn't keep making the sport safer and safer to the point where there is no risk of danger, emerging victorious after risking something is what makes people very attracted to this sport in the first place, it brings out strong emotions for people and I think a lot of us are afraid this aspect of the sport might disappear.

The reason the TT riders are hailed as the bravest is because they do have a seriously high risk of death incomparable to most other motorsports. As a result of this the following surrounding it is diehard and very emotional, and I love that and don't want to see it gone.

I don't want to see anyone get hurt but I also don't want to see the sport without risk.

It's a difficult question and it doesn't look like the answer is fully fleshed out yet.

Last edited:
The 'its too dangerous" this and that will always come from time to time. The fact is nobody died here... yes there was injury but its part of the game.

It's real life, and that is what makes it worthy of our time, attention, and money. It makes the great ones stand out. As mentioned no driver is forced to compete, and no one is forced to watch.

Unless the drivers that compete come to say Macau is too dangerous, its not for any "arm chair observer" to make that claim.

i'm glad everyone seems relatively 'ok' all things considered. crazy crash.

you know i feel really burnt out on the whole safety/halo/everythings too dangerous/not dangerous enough/won't somebody please think of the children/everyone who crashes should always be killed because pointless deaths make racing 'pure' somehow arguement.

Last edited:
because pointless deaths make racing 'pure' somehow arguement.

Ridiculous comment... the risk of death in motor racing is incredibly low. Improvements in safety are in continuous development. Despite massive crashes and in some cases significant injury, drivers return to compete as is their passion.

that,is the ULTIMATE sport,only for MANS,not kids,i

I mean, you could at least try to english while being a idiot.

I find it slightly disturbing
I find it disturbing with some of the macho posturing, pointless arguments and reports in this thread when a young racing driver lies in a serious condition in a hospital bed.
Really some of you really need to take a good hard look at yourselves.

Not only the curb, the entire "track" is a load of crap, don't know why people like that or even bother to race there
There's always things to be improved for safety but I don't want all the tracks to become like the insipid Tilkedroms.
Macau, Monaco or Nordschleife are part of motorsport history and should remain. If you think that's too dangerous, watch something else.

She may consider herself extremely 'lucky' flying backwards into the press stand.
If it would've been forwards, it might have been fatal without a halo, although I'm not sure if the halo would've helped her here. I hope she recovers quickly.

So what actually happened to cause it?

From Wiki

During the main race, on Lap 4, she made contact with fellow driver Jehan Daruvala, who was reportedly slowing for erroneously-displayed yellow flags on the straight between Mandarin Corner (Turn 3) and Lisboa Bend (Turn 4). This caused her car to spin round out of control, catapulting her into Lisboa Bend at high speed, launching off Sho Tsuboi's car and through the catch-fencing in the process.[9][10] Flörsch was reported as conscious post-crash and was hospitalised along with Tsuboi, two photographers and a marshal.[11] She was later diagnosed with a spinal fracture, for which she is scheduled to undergo surgery for on 19 November.[12]

i'm also burnt out on people taking things out of context in order to be outraged. but thats a more general thing rather than racing discussion thing.

Best regards, I hope you feel better soon. [spoken in outrage with spittle flying about]

Joking of course, for those without the sense to detect otherwise.

Cheers

Horrible accident. I wish her a quick and full recovery.

About the dangers of motorsport, even today is still dangerous, luckily less than in the old days. Bear in mind that you can die in a track day with your bike in a FIM circuit grade A (and sadly it happens), it is not necessary to be in a race or in a street race.

From Wiki

During the main race, on Lap 4, she made contact with fellow driver Jehan Daruvala, who was reportedly slowing for erroneously-displayed yellow flags on the straight between Mandarin Corner (Turn 3) and Lisboa Bend (Turn 4). This caused her car to spin round out of control, catapulting her into Lisboa Bend at high speed, launching off Sho Tsuboi's car and through the catch-fencing in the process.[9][10] Flörsch was reported as conscious post-crash and was hospitalised along with Tsuboi, two photographers and a marshal.[11] She was later diagnosed with a spinal fracture, for which she is scheduled to undergo surgery for on 19 November.[12]

I hope this causes the FIA to clamp seriously down on reactive moves, double-moves etc. and not wait for something like this, or worse happening in F1 before they learn!

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 38 84.4%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 7 15.6%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 8 17.8%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 4 8.9%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 15 33.3%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 15 33.3%