1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Some questions...

Discussion in 'Stock Car Extreme' started by tjc, Mar 6, 2016.

1. tjc

tjc

New to GSCE so wondering about a few things.

When I press the "Look Back" button I can see parts of the rear of the car in the view and not just a clear view of the track/cars behind me. Is there any way to have this view without the car parts showing?

(Not the mirrors, I`m quite happy to see the rear wheels etc in the mirrors, I`m talking about the look back option)

Plus I seem to be having trouble assigning buttons for certain views like chase cam etc. When I try to assign buttons for these cams it doesn`t seem to take them no matter if I try to over ride the default options. Can this be done in GSCE as it can be done in rf etc?

Sorry for the noob questions. It`s possible I`m just not used to how GSCE works with these things yet but I`ve driven rf/rf2 for some time now and thought it would be similar in GSCE.

:)

2. Warren Schembri

Warren Schembri
    Premium Member

Open your profile PLR file and change the following options. It will solve your problem:
    Self In TV Rearview="0" // add values for any that should be visible (0=none): 1=rear wing & wheels, 2=body & susp, 4=cockpit, 8=steering wheel (15=all)
    Self In Cockpit Rearview="0" // add values for any that should be visible (0=none): 1=rear wing & wheels, 2=body & susp, 4=cockpit, 8=steering wheel (15=all)

When it comes to cams, I'm a noob so cant help you there

• Like Like x 1
  3. tjc

tjc

Thanks for the reply. :)

I`ve changed the values to 0 (Self In TV Rearview="0" // add values for any that should be visible (0=none): 1=rear wing & wheels, 2=body & susp, 4=cockpit, 8=steering wheel (15=all) ) was already at 0 but the Self in Cockpit Rearview was at 15 so changed that to 0

I`m finding things a bit strange here though. When I try to assign the left steering wheel button on the G25 for the look back view it doesn`t take it, it won`t accept it. Same goes for trying to assign other buttons etc... nothing happens...

Mmm... lost lol...

4. use your look right instead of look back button then you will be able to see the rear view mirror better and the cars behind you.Takes a while to get used to

• Like Like x 1
  5. tjc

tjc

@cockpitview

Yeah I do this sometimes too but depending on the car and my FOV I like the look back button available to me. :thumbsup:

6. tjc

tjc

Well I now have all the cams assigned I wanted... would you believe they would`nt work for me because first gear was selected in the shifter. DOH!!! :O_o::D

I must have knocked it slightly when moving it... lol

Thanks for the replies/help guys. :)

There`s one noob question I still have though. How do I stop the intro video from showing every time I fire up GSCE?

7. Also, if you press "Look Left" and "Look Right" at same time, you get the rear view.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Warren Schembri

Warren Schembri
    Premium Member

There's a file in the MovieFiles folder. Delete it

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. tjc

tjc

Excellent. Cheers guys. :)