socks or slippers??

Wait a minute. I'm an old fart as well. Started in slippers, did socks once in awhile, but went to sparco racing shoes which is so much better. Thin soled and extra padding on heal where you rest your foot, plus Velcro covers that keep laces completely out of the way. I'll never go back to slippers or socks.

Upvote 0
Well, if it's just a couple of laps I stay in socks... Like in this video:

When I race I wear old sneakers... Yep, it's better... But it depends on your pedals also. Loadcell pedals like mine need shoes when driving longer... Like in this video:

Upvote 0
I tend to just use socks even with the loadcell, I run it at about 40% full load so its only about 40KG. The issue I face at the moment is the T LCM is a bit cooler on the heel and foot than the T3PA Pros were and I am finding my feet get a bit chilly over these winter months and the 2h stints from the endurance races are where I mostly get issues anyway. Its warming up so shouldn't continue to be a problem but I might have to get used to slippers or soft shoes. I loose feel though, my braking is not as good in anything but socks currently.

Upvote 0
Aqua shoes.
IMGP1917_.jpg

Upvote 0
I have a pair of converse that I use. The soles aren’t as thin as the ones in racing shoes would be, but I get a lot of feeling through them and I don’t get any discomfort from pushing on the load cell

Upvote 0
Using socks, did use slippers but they are wearing out the pedals :rolleyes:
My main problem is I have very poor circulation, so have very cold/numb feet, which isn't good with metal pedals. So did an experiment on my last race which seemed to work.....pre-heat the pedals with a hot water bottle for an hour:roflmao:. Stopped my feet going sore from the cold!

Upvote 0

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea