AC Social Event: BMW 235i @ Vallelunga - Tue 22May18

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
@Tennracer Sorry for returning to the track right in front of you, I should have waited the extra second to let you clear.
@Bobby Pennington incident was my fault, slid out into you, sorry.
That's no problem at all Dennis. I felt bad because I had hit you from behind first. Then with our second contact, I didn't care who's fault it was, I just hated that I had been involved again. My job is for you boys to have fun so I was going to wait no matter what. As far as I'm concerned, all is good except my lousy driving tonight. Sorry I hit you and compromised your race. Not good of the Overlord to do these things:(

@Tennracer Sorry for returning to the track right in front of you, I should have waited the extra second to let you clear.
@Bobby Pennington incident was my fault, slid out into you, sorry.

That's no problem at all Dennis. I felt bad because I had hit you from behind first. Then with our second contact, I didn't care who's fault it was, I just hated that I had been involved again. My job is for you boys to have fun so I was going to wait no matter what. As far as I'm concerned, all is good except my lousy driving tonight. Sorry I hit you and compromised your race. Not good of the Overlord to do these things:(

I kinda wish you up-front types would stay on the track and up-front where you belong. You really complicate things for me and Kennedy. Crap ... it's all we can do just to hang on without having to dodge you guys.:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

:roflmao: Ted ! good racing man

Kennedy, I had a ball last night! I raced with some buddies, turned the best times I could and kept it on the track. What more could a guy want?

I'll tell you this ... a couple weeks back when we had the White Whale (aka, the ponderous BMW 235i) at Spa, I let a couple guys pass me because I thought I was being lapped. When I watched the vids ... I found out that I was mistaken ... and that I had given up two places without a fight. "Well fook THAT", I said to myself. I might be an American, but I'm Scots-Irish enough that THAT will never happen again, not easily at any rate.

Somehow I think you'll understand, Kevin.

I am having a bit of a problem ... on occasion, I have a real problem downshifting into 2nd for the hairpins. I think the revs might be a bit too high. Unless it only happens to me, how does everybody else deal with this?

This is important because I understand the circus moves to Imola next week. If I remember correctly, there's a couple spots on that track (like that STOOPID chicane with the touchy track cut sensors) that downshifts from 5th to 2nd in a very short space are necessary.

I am having a bit of a problem ... on occasion, I have a real problem downshifting into 2nd for the hairpins. I think the revs might be a bit too high. Unless it only happens to me, how does everybody else deal with this?

This is important because I understand the circus moves to Imola next week. If I remember correctly, there's a couple spots on that track (like that STOOPID chicane with the touchy track cut sensors) that downshifts from 5th to 2nd in a very short space are necessary.
You just have to wait for the revs to come down far enough. After a while, you develop a rhythm with a car and you don't even think about it.

I've noticed with that car last night that there is the over rev warning. It's a yellow triangle that shows up if you try to shift to early(revs to high for the gear trying to select)
That would be downshift protection to keep from hurting the engine. A little tip you need to know about these cars is you need to shift around 6,500 rpms and not after. The torque and horsepower drop off a cliff and you're actually losing time:cautious:

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 113 88.3%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 22 17.2%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 21 16.4%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 17 13.3%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 39 30.5%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 47 36.7%