1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Released SLOMCZYN rallycross track

Discussion in 'Bob's Track Builder Projects' started by t34, Jan 3, 2010.

1. t34

t34

2. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

3. Great work! Thanks :) May I have a question - how you make those smooth crossovers beetwen two surfaces (gravel and tarmac) - is there some trick or you just had to make new textures for them? I try to put some wall over two surfaces - one disapears into another, but the effect is not very nice... I still have no idea how to make my own XPacks. The objects you use - are they from you own XPacks or can I find them somewhere else?
    Just one thing you could do IMHO - these cars on the starting line - looks like they all were broken and did not start at all :) Maybe you can give them LOD like 3 or 5, then you see them only at the beginning :)
    Anyway - congratulations! The track is very detailed and runs smoothly on my laptop (2.0 dual core, 3 Gigs RAM, NVidia 8600 M GT).
    Just one more question (but I shall maybe put this topic for the whole Forum) - if I run ANY track (yours, other build with BTB and even original RBR tracks) - they run nice and smoothly. But then, if I want to drive them again (reload) - I get much worse framerates... This happens very often - looks like the game does not clean it's "cache". Stranger - when I hit something harder, sometime it starts to go much smoother... Do you maybe have any idea?
    All the best, thanks again!
    I try to build the rallycross track from Torun - still much work with this :)
    m.

4. It looks very nice! Thanks mate.

5. t34

t34

thx for your comments

"secret" of smooth crossover:
    -new material based on gravel texture with transparency mask

[​IMG]

6. Thank you! Then I need to study more about making new XPacks :)
    Congratulations once again!

7. Great work! I very happy that somebody use that 1 camera witch is in the RX_plugin. Can you plan to release it for Rfactor?