Skip Barber for Assetto Corsa

Cars Skip Barber for Assetto Corsa 1.6

Login or Register an account to download this content
Nice job mate, I loved the Skippy and this brings back memories. One suggestion (complaint) is the rpm redline on one of these on a good day is about 6500. Yours is no exception. The tachometer on your model is rotated such that one would think the redline was 11000 rpm!!! The tachometer should be rotated so that the redline is at or about the very top (12 o'clock) in the dashboard i.e. the needle is pointing straight up towards heaven ;). Otherwise, this car is coming along nicely; keep it up, please, and thanks!!!

Nice job mate, I loved the Skippy and this brings back memories. One suggestion (complaint) is the rpm redline on one of these on a good day is about 6500. Yours is no exception. The tachometer on your model is rotated such that one would think the redline was 11000 rpm!!! The tachometer should be rotated so that the redline is at or about the very top (12 o'clock) in the dashboard i.e. the needle is pointing straight up towards heaven ;). Otherwise, this car is coming along nicely; keep it up, please, and thanks!!!
"Redline" might be 6500, but fairly sure they fuel cut a bit higher. Maybe I'll do more research.

However, due to how the geometry behind the gauges is sometimes, it needs to be mounted sideways. I haven't raced in a bunch of these myself, so hard to say, but I've never seen one that's not sideways. I suspect they simply don't fit. Very strange criticism considering you don't have any pictures or anything to post. :O_o:

It just looks like the one on the game
maxresdefault.jpg

Cockpit.JPG

Thank you for your time, and your opinion, actually is funny but It is the way the real car is
url

...I did decrease pressure for the current developer version, and changed bias a little bit rearward, as most users don't have load cells, and there's a margin to adjust it anyway.
I have not looked at setup variables with the car. Is there a user option to adjust front/rear brake bias?

You're right about the weighted rear. As small as the car is, I wonder what the static wheel weights are with a 180 pound driver. The car is a lot of fun and all of you have done and continue to do an exceptional job in development.

Last edited:
Hi Daniel.
Just tried the 1.2 version on the same track ( Lime rock) and I find that the car is more difficult to make the corners. Seems to be a tricky understeer.
The 1.1 version had e little bit of oversteer that I solved with less toe out on front tyres.
But this one is hard to keep a smooth line in the corners.
Maybe it's me. Hope to read other players
Thx for this beauty.
Cheers

Last edited:
There is. I'm not sure if there is an in-cockpit adjustability in the real car, but I'm *fairly* sure that the pedal box is adjustable at the very least.
It's there in the setup under "Generic".

The limitations of AC create the transmission issue.

Regarding another modded car...SCCA Spec Racer Ford Gen 3 with H-shifter transmission would definitely be in order. I'd buy it. I'd by this Skippy if there was a PayPal link or email address.

It's there in the setup under "Generic".

The limitations of AC create the transmission issue.

Regarding another modded car...SCCA Spec Racer Ford Gen 3 with H-shifter transmission would definitely be in order. I'd buy it. I'd by this Skippy if there was a PayPal link or email address.
I developed the physics for the car. I know. :roflmao: I'm more-so talking about the real sample.

https://www.patreon.com/daniel_jimenez

It's patreon, but here's where you can donate to Daniel.

Thank you for your time, and your opinion, actually is funny but It is the way the real car is
url
None I drove were. Just trying to educate you as to why people rotate their tachometers for practicality. So you want yours to look pretty, no worries; it's your car. It's like some gangster shows make you think the way to hold a pistol is sideways! BTW handling was more realistic (i.e. snap spin) in the first version. The handling seems to be getting worse. Nevertheless, good luck, keep it up!

None I drove were. Just trying to educate you as to why people rotate their tachometers for practicality. So you want yours to look pretty, no worries; it's your car. It's like some gangster shows make you think the way to hold a pistol is sideways! BTW handling was more realistic (i.e. snap spin) in the first version. The handling seems to be getting worse. Nevertheless, good luck, keep it up!
That you drove in real life, or in a simulator again? :roflmao:

Where did you drive them? At the Skip Barber institution or some privateer place? What year was this? National or Regional car? As a trainer car, or in a sanctioned race? Do you have pictures?

Thanks for the feedback on handling, but that info doesn't really say much. The car's data-wise more accurate than it ever was. For one, it had far too much grip in the initial versions.

Elaborate on the above, maybe.

That you drove in real life, or in a simulator again? :roflmao:
And where did you drove it? Did you even try this game version before releases? 3rd and 2nd version are like night and day. Why would you release car with such different physics? When releases are at this level any feedback is justified. :rolleyes:

Comparing it to iRacing is funny though since that car has changed almost as much as this. It probably was one of those cars which gave them the iceracing reputation. 4 wheel drifting through every corner with old tyre model. Then new tyre model changed it to forever understeer and planted rear. After every tyre update behavior was revamped. Glad I don't know how it is these days. :D

And where did you drove it? Did you even try this game version before releases? 3rd and 2nd version are like night and day. Why would you release car with such different physics? When releases are at this level any feedback is justified. :rolleyes:

Comparing it to iRacing is funny though since that car has changed almost as much as this. It probably was one of those cars which gave them the iceracing reputation. 4 wheel drifting through every corner with old tyre model. Then new tyre model changed it to forever understeer and planted rear. After every tyre update behavior was revamped. Glad I don't know how it is these days. :D
I received some data, advice, and a more realistic load curve between 1.1 and 1.2; put them in and the behavior was closer to where I believe it should be based on what I know. Never was there a guarantee that 1.0 or 1.1 were accurate: or that it is now.

It seems the issue is more-so that the car is changing, not how it is changing. :O_o:

Guys, no need to be hostile. Look, I understand each person has an opinion, and off course we keep then in mind and each opinion is important. What I'm trying to say is that we must keep the data that seems to be more accurate, and supported.
For example, the speedometer, if all the images and references we got shows that it is sideways, if even iracing and rfactor versions show that is that way, we are going to keep it that same way, cause there is not a support or even an image that shows something different, I think thats not being a "sided gun gangster", it is just common sense and trying to be as accurate as possible.
About the changes between 1.0 and 1.1, what do you prefer? a project that the developers don't care about and release it and forget about it? or a team that works hard to improve it and do changes if necessary?...

I'm having a problem getting this car to load. I'm sorry if this has been addressed in earlier pages of the thread, but there's a rich discussion about 3D modeling happening in there and I don't know anything about that stuff...

I can load the car into a showroom - looks awesome to me, super psyched about the zig zag livery, thats great! But when I load it up for a practice session, it hangs trying to load the car for some reason. I read the bits in this thread about directories needing to be lowercase, and I even analyzed it with CM and it only came up with a rev-limiter error (and I figure that's forgiveable to make the car sound like it's supposed to).

So while I was staring at the loading screen, I noticed in the bottom left it notes the version of AC that's running. Mine is v1.16.8. Do I need to have 1.2 installed for this car to work? I'm also using CM 0.8.1976. Dunno if that has any effect - I tried launching the game without CM, but still got the same issue...any help?

I'm having a problem getting this car to load. I'm sorry if this has been addressed in earlier pages of the thread, but there's a rich discussion about 3D modeling happening in there and I don't know anything about that stuff...

I can load the car into a showroom - looks awesome to me, super psyched about the zig zag livery, thats great! But when I load it up for a practice session, it hangs trying to load the car for some reason. I read the bits in this thread about directories needing to be lowercase, and I even analyzed it with CM and it only came up with a rev-limiter error (and I figure that's forgiveable to make the car sound like it's supposed to).

So while I was staring at the loading screen, I noticed in the bottom left it notes the version of AC that's running. Mine is v1.16.8. Do I need to have 1.2 installed for this car to work? I'm also using CM 0.8.1976. Dunno if that has any effect - I tried launching the game without CM, but still got the same issue...any help?
Hey.

Just copy the content folder to your AC directory and replace everything. No need to make new directories.

Hey.

Just copy the content folder to your AC directory and replace everything. No need to make new directories.

Thanks. Oy this mobile interface is something else. Um...I did not change any directories: I pulled out the car directory (skipbarber_f2000) and pasted it into the cars directory in AC (as I’ve done for hundreds of other cars). I mean to say, I’m not ignorant of some of the issues that’ve already been addressed. Not that I’ve followed those procedures. I simply copied the archive into the ac directory essentially.

Yet it still hangs at loading the car...is there a diagnostic mode I can engage to get details about where it fails? I don’t understand...I’m seeing srs post races with this car, makes me want it more...wtf

Last edited:
Thanks. Oy this mobile interface is something else. Um...I did not change any directories: I pulled out the car directory (skipbarber_f2000) and pasted it into the cars directory in AC (as I’ve done for hundreds of other cars). I mean to say, I’m not ignorant of some of the issues that’ve already been addressed. Not that I’ve followed those procedures. I simply copied the archive into the ac directory essentially.

Yet it still hangs at loading the car...is there a diagnostic mode I can engage to get details about where it fails? I don’t understand...I’m seeing srs post races with this car, makes me want it more...wtf
Are you using shaders patch? What version? We can't really provide support for unforeseeable crashes from for example experimental shaders patch branches.

In Documents/Assetto Corsa/Logs/log.txt there should be a dump file. Can you copy paste the sections below your Steam information? (Not that there's an issue with posting that, but you know, privacy.)

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 42 8.9%
  • Monthly

Votes: 21 4.4%
  • Yearly

Votes: 31 6.5%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.6%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 10 2.1%