SimLab P1-X wobbly - because of casters/integrated monitor mount?

Does anyone else run their P1-X/P1 on caster wheels with an integrated monitor mount? If so, is it wobbly when steering left/right aggressively?

I have the integrated monitor mount with a 49" ultrawide attached, plus a 27" screen mounted above that, while the entire rig is on locking caster wheels - one in each corner. Fore and aft movements are fine, but side to side has the monitors shaking a bit.

I'm thinking of getting the adjustable feet from the P1-X upgrade kit, clamping those down while raising the wheels off the ground. But, if others with the integrated monitor mount are also seeing shakiness with these feet, then I won't bother.

I will take a video later today to show an example of what I'm seeing.

Thank you!

Does anyone else run their P1-X/P1 on caster wheels with an integrated monitor mount? If so, is it wobbly when steering left/right aggressively?

I have the integrated monitor mount with a 49" ultrawide attached, plus a 27" screen mounted above that, while the entire rig is on locking caster wheels - one in each corner. Fore and aft movements are fine, but side to side has the monitors shaking a bit.

I'm thinking of getting the adjustable feet from the P1-X upgrade kit, clamping those down while raising the wheels off the ground. But, if others with the integrated monitor mount are also seeing shakiness with these feet, then I won't bother.

I will take a video later today to show an example of what I'm seeing.

Thank you!

have you found a solution for that? even without a monitor stand, the caster wheels is not stable, I don't know if we can put workbench casters type? the one that we can retract while not in use?

Upvote 0
Integrated monitor mounts will always wobble at least a little during hard driving.

The best solution is a completely independent (fully decoupled) monitor mount, like one on its own feet or wall-mounted.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'm running these retractable casters rated for 880 lbs and I've shared a Thingaverse file for the mount.

My P1 rests on the 4 x 3/4 rubber feet that came with it. I can't speak to the triple monitor situation since I run VR only, but I would imagine you could also have retractable casters on the Monitor mounts if they are separate from your rig.

CasterMountV3_6249.jpg

Upvote 0
I had 6 caster first on my P1-X and changed to the P1-X feet. Indeed the side stability feel is much improved with the feet (as you'd expect).
But initially I was more worried about toppling over to the back while sitting down, hence I used 4 caster on the rear to stabilise the rig.
For me the integrated monitor mount didn't make any difference in this context, but I only use a single Samsung Odyssey G9, not a full triple setup.

Upvote 0
I'm running these retractable casters rated for 880 lbs and I've shared a Thingaverse file for the mount.

My P1 rests on the 4 x 3/4 rubber feet that came with it. I can't speak to the triple monitor situation since I run VR only, but I would imagine you could also have retractable casters on the Monitor mounts if they are separate from your rig.

View attachment 453357

This is exactly what I need.
I ordered similar retractable wheels, what is a thingaverse file? like a 3d file for printers?

Upvote 0
This is exactly what I need.
I ordered similar retractable wheels, what is a thingaverse file? like a 3d file for printers?

Yes, I created this for people who aren't comfortable working with metal. Needless to say it only works for a very specific set of retractable casters because of the bolt pattern.

This is what I'm using

However, if you are comfortable machining aluminum, I have drawings for what I'm using.

FrontMounted_6091.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play