Simhub bassshaker issue

Looking for any help on my issue.
I have a Creative Sound Blaster Audigy FX 5.1 sound card, 2 Behringer NX3000DSP Amps (set up in Dual mode) and 4 Buttkicker Advances. The Amps are connected to green and black ports on the card. The card is configured for 5.1 sound.
I can't seem to get Simhub to output signals in Corner Configuration.
Signal to the front buttkickers is not separated either left or right will rumble both at the same time. Yet when I use the sound Blaster test tone with headphones all signals are present and separated.
The rear kickers are not operational at all.
I have to connect the rears to the motherboard Realtek (green port) to get them to work.

What am I missing here?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
JB

Yes both sound cards are in corner mode now. I tried the 5.1 sound card in corner mode only with both amps plugged into green & black ports. I was getting shaking on the front (both at the same time and back left only. I'm stumped. Don't know if it's software or sound card issue.

Upvote 0
Set soundcard to "custom channel map" which supports upto 8 channels (7.1 card)

custom channel map.PNG

In "Sound Output" you can (TEST) each channel, confirm you have cabling for each channel operating properly.
You will discover what channel represents each unit.

Test Now.PNG

Also, you can check how you set bumps spatialization.
Options Are:

Corners
Left/Right
Front/Back
Mono

Bumps Corners.PNG

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thanks Mr Latte, what I learned is Corner Configuration if you're running Quadraphonics in the sound card, however through a 5.1 I was able to find all 4 channels on 'Custom Channel Map' Channel 1,2 (front) and 5&6 rear.
The only issue that seems to be a miss at this point is output from either channel 1 or 2 sets off both front kickers at the same time. Could this be 'feedback'?

Upvote 0
Righteo, excellent some progress...

Any effects you now map to both channel 1,2 will output on the front pair when active and of course 5,6 for the rear pair when active.

Lets say you set bumps for corners and map the FL FR RL RR wheels to the correct channels but for "impacts" you wanted to happen on all 4 units, with its own different feeling effect. For "impacts" you would configure the Hz etc for them and then in the "Sound Output" screen highlight channels 1,2,5,6 for its activity. Shakeit also uses little icons for the effect to show what channels it uses.

Depending on how you configure an effect that can be mono, stereo or all 4 wheels like the shown spatialization above. That will determine I believe how it is listed with the other effects in the channel mapping. Users still need to manually map to the correct channels.

Upvote 0
She's ALIVE!!! Thanks bud, not only for my thread but for all you do here on this forum. Big thumbs up!
Now onto the tinkering about with Impacts and spatialization....

No problems, start playing around with the software and have a bit of fun.
Just ask for some effects if you want but some people like to play about with things for themselves.

Upvote 0

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 35 14.3%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 29 11.8%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 33 13.5%
  • Thursday

Votes: 31 12.7%
  • Friday

Votes: 83 33.9%
  • Saturday

Votes: 141 57.6%