Simagic P1000 Pedals with Haptic Motors

Metla

Premium
Any of these out in the wild yet? and if so, Any feedback in regards to the haptic effects and if/how they operate in games other than iracing?

There are a couple of extremely positive youtube videos but they seem to only be running iracing and I would have expected some community noise around them as a wallet friendly version of ffb pedals.

Saw a video about those a couple of days ago, now thinking about selling my sprints and buying a set.

Since they seem to be readily available i am too waiting for some proper reviews before making the switch from Heusinkveld Sprints.

Never owned a Simagic product so i am a bit wary of their longevity and/or durability, but apparently their wheelbases are fine?

Not sure about the quality of their customer support which is where Heusinkveld really shines.

I could also not find any information on stuff like maximum brake force anywhere, but maybe i am just blind.

The Sprints are fine but i would like to have a set with a higher maximum brake force and haptic feedback on pedals, without going the DIY route, really sounds great.

I asked on iRacing forums about peoples experiences with them (I have HE Sprints) and was directed to Sim 3D, specifically their pedal rumble add-on. So I purchased those and now the waiting game begins.
As for the P1000's, they do look really good and should be on the short list of those wanting HE Sprint priced pedals.

I asked on iRacing forums about peoples experiences with them (I have HE Sprints) and was directed to Sim 3D, specifically their pedal rumble add-on. So I purchased those and now the waiting game begins.
As for the P1000's, they do look really good and should be on the short list of those wanting HE Sprint priced pedals.

So seems like it is more like a sidegrade from the sprints and the only worthwhile addition would be the rumble, so i might be better off just just adding that to my pedals. Thx!

Yes, this was one of the videos that i have already watched while doing some research, looks very promising indeed and easy to realize.

Since i wanted to add tactile feedback to my rig anyway, i will probably go this route.

Maybe i will make the switch to something like the simtrecs and mod those though, really want something with a significantly higher max break force :D

I´m not sold on the rumble motors, this video introduced me to bassshakers and it escalated from there. If you don´t shy away from (easy) DIY, have a look:

Oh absolutely you should get shakers. I've had a bunch of different ones over the years - currently running 2x TST209's with a Behringer NX-1000D.

Hoping the Sim 3D rumble motors will add that little extra though. I'm not ready to fork out thousands for an Active Pedal haha

Hoping the Sim 3D rumble motors will add that little extra though. I'm not ready to fork out thousands for an Active Pedal haha
Not so shure about that.

I read they were quite laggy and can´t convey a diferrent feeling for different feedback.

I have a small rumble for brake slip coming "into the zone" and heavy shaking for locked wheels/ABS

A BST-2 and a medium amp will do this nicely.

As for road feedback and wheel slip from steering, that is done by an Aurasound under the heelplate. my Accelerator is fixed to the heelplate ( which is isolated on springs and rubber discs) so i feel slip also in the gas pedal.

My brake and clutch are fixed to the main frame, so no brake flex.
The BST-2 has enough power so the losses into the rig are not a problem.

I got mine in yesterday. So far they’re very impressive. The build quality punches way above the price point. Lots of adjustability too. I’ve already got a buttkicker for haptics, but the motors on the pedals feel so much more authentic...and they’re very powerful. They’ve made me realize that my trail braking isn’t as smooth as I thought it was. The brake comes out of the box feeling very close to a real GT3 car. The throttle pedal is a little light, but regardless of what you may read, you can swap the spring with the lightest clutch spring (it disassembles just like the brake pedal), and it’s pretty perfect. Assetto Corsa/ ACC syncs automatically. I haven’t quite figured out how to get Forza titles to work yet. Absolutely zero buyers remorse.
IMG_1558.jpeg
IMG_1557.jpeg

I got mine in yesterday. So far they’re very impressive. The build quality punches way above the price point. Lots of adjustability too. I’ve already got a buttkicker for haptics, but the motors on the pedals feel so much more authentic...and they’re very powerful. They’ve made me realize that my trail braking isn’t as smooth as I thought it was. The brake comes out of the box feeling very close to a real GT3 car. The throttle pedal is a little light, but regardless of what you may read, you can swap the spring with the lightest clutch spring (it disassembles just like the brake pedal), and it’s pretty perfect. Assetto Corsa/ ACC syncs automatically. I haven’t quite figured out how to get Forza titles to work yet. Absolutely zero buyers remorse.
Sounds awesome, I've played around with buttkickers on the pedal plate and other forms of getting feedback into pedals but never really achieved what I had hoped for. Good to hear these are powerful and have an authentic feel.

I do use SimHub for the Buttkicker. Also a Fanatic DD2. The Simagic software seems to be plug and play. Once I calibrated the pedals and motors, everything worked with no issues. Still trying to figure out what titles are compatible. Forza seems to be the only title that I can't get to work so far. I'm planning to do a deep dive over the weekend.

The long-awaited (at least by me) full review has been released by Race Beyond Matter, The main sticking point for me is still going to be the integration of the haptic motors. The reviews all state limited available effects and limited available platforms, and draw the direct line to the pedal software only being abale to use the temelemtry the game provides.

All good and well, But my novelty vibrating seat cover reads the same telemetry from the same games and can tell me when each individual wheel locks up my vibrating a different part of my jacksie. Surely that's the same data that the pedal should get for a wheel lock up.

These limitations with regard to sims and available feedback channels sound curious to me.

I only drive AC and have wheel slip/brake lock for all corners on my bassshaker system.
Additionally the goodies like engine and road feedback.

So at least with AC the telemetry channels are definitely there.
From what I read the same should be true for ACC and Iracing.

This really tastes like software limitations to me.
Should Simagic open a port to Simhub I could see a use case for this, if not it´s too little too expensive.

I’m always a little reticent about any hardware that relies on proprietary software from a manufacturer to make it work…

For example steering wheels that only work with certain dash software… that is announced will thr. Not be supported any longer and will become ‘legacy’ (read dead in the water)

I am always so happy when manufacturers of hardware specify ‘Simhub’ to work with thier kit… future thinking right there.

I

Righto, I ordered a set and they arrived today. I didn't bother with the Haptic motors, which is odd because they were literally the feature that caught my attention, until I saw these I wasn't intending to upgrade my pedals.

And now its new pedal day. Still, I'm sure they will be a good upgrade over the Fanatic V3's...

So, after not electing to also purchase the haptic motors, I changed my mind and purchased the haptic motors. They arrived today and after fitting them discovered Simhub now supports them. There are a few more options available under simhub so I'm going to see how adding an effect to wheel lock works out.

hmmm...Not many otions under AMS2 or iRacing. Beamng and AC are loaded with effects.

In fact the effects in the simagic software aren't even replicated under simhub for AMS2 and iRacing, so I might have to experiment with running both apps concurrently to get abs and wheel lock effects (I can see that not working)

Also, the sound of the motors on the pedals were enough to get my wifes opinion of how loud they are and my sim-rig belongs in the car shed rather then in our lounge...

Attachments

• simhub .jpg
    simhub .jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 186
Last edited:
and an update, Within Simhub you need to add effects under effects profile, and then assign them under motor outputs.

The reason I saw so few initially is I have removed a bunch of effects when setting up my buzzing seat cover.

Have now assigned TC, ABS, wheel lock, and wheel slip within simhub for AMS2 and it is functioning in game.

TC feedback into throttle pedal while driving a GT3 car is unhelpful noise, Though I was running the TC high to ensure I got the full effect through the pedal. ABS effect in GT3 car was also a bit full on but at least the info is helpfull. Will need to tone down the ABS setting and the effect.

Wheel lock effect in a non-abs car (a retro f1) was awesome. Not realistic awesome, but that's some sweet feedback I can immediately make use of awesome. Some fine tuning required

I did manage to get a wheelspin effect by assigning the wheel slip effect, This was real nice when dropping the clutch and spinning the rears until they caught traction, However this effect was also triggered heavily under breaking and mid-corner so I've disabled it. A dedicated wheelspin effect would be good.

Last edited:

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 14 12.1%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 11 9.5%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 11 9.5%
  • Thursday

Votes: 14 12.1%
  • Friday

Votes: 42 36.2%
  • Saturday

Votes: 67 57.8%