Simagic Alpha Mini pausing constant FFB

GeekyDeaks

Staff
Premium
I have an odd problem with my Simagic Alpha Mini. Every so often the force feedback stops for a short period. It was so infrequent (maybe once every 2 months) and lasted for such a short time (1-2 seconds), I just put it down to quirks of my rig and did the usual 'turn it off and on again' after it happened.

However, I recently tried out the new LMDh in AMS2 and it started to happen once or twice a lap and with a bit of trial and error I found I could easily replicate it with the Default FFB profile, but not Default+, also reducing the max FFB made the problem go away.

Bit more digging and taking a video, I then noticed that it occurred about 1 second after the FFB started clipping and the force returned when the FFB stopped clipping. It was almost like a safety measure kicking in because the constant force had not changed in 1 second. I made sure the firmware is the latest and could still replicate it.

I now have a really simple test to demonstrate this on my setup and I was wondering if anyone with an Alpha Mini that has experienced something similar at any point would be willing to do a test to see if it's just a problem with my wheelbase or a safety design feature?

The test is simple, but you need to download the iRacing WheelCheck.exe and run the 'Force Spring (PID)' test. I recommend putting the 'Saturation X' to about 4000 before starting the test to reduce the constant force required.

e.g.

1704560693331.png

When running the test. I simply turn the wheel until the 'Staturation X' value hits maximum (either negative or positive) and wait 1 second, after which the force turns off until I return the wheel back to centre.

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea