Show us your Rig / Cockpit

Ya I could do a walk around im sure. Ill add it to the list of To do's. I do have a few unique item's like the Air conditioning and Custom Hardwood Keyboard and mouse trays that i could give a little more in depth view of.

That is an awesome rig you've got! :)
I'm about to buy a Clubsport Shifter and would like to know what you think about it? Also, in your video it looks like you have something attached to the bottom of the shifter rod, what is that and what does it do?

That is an awesome rig you've got! :)
I'm about to buy a Clubsport Shifter and would like to know what you think about it? Also, in your video it looks like you have something attached to the bottom of the shifter rod, what is that and what does it do?

Thanks Lots of time and effort into it, But the end payout is Well worth the investment.

I wouldn't sell my CSS for 500$. Does that say anything, LOL

In all honesty I love the shifter and couldn't ask for much more aside from the tension adjustment being on the other side. (I cant adjust without dismounting)

Whats on the Shifter rod is a piece of Foam. In the beginning when shifter's were first going out there was a question of dust contaminating the "contacts" in the shifter itself. I just never took it off as im sure its not needed.

I personally wouldn't hesitate a second to get one on order and start the waiting game.(Unfortunately it can be a few months at times) :(

Thanks Lots of time and effort into it, But the end payout is Well worth the investment.

I wouldn't sell my CSS for 500$. Does that say anything, LOL

In all honesty I love the shifter and couldn't ask for much more aside from the tension adjustment being on the other side. (I cant adjust without dismounting)

Whats on the Shifter rod is a piece of Foam. In the beginning when shifter's were first going out there was a question of dust contaminating the "contacts" in the shifter itself. I just never took it off as im sure its not needed.

I personally wouldn't hesitate a second to get one on order and start the waiting game.(Unfortunately it can be a few months at times) :(
Agreed, I bought one used and I LOVE it, I then found out I bought a pre-production beta test unit so I actually have no warranty on mine ><
But the minute it dies I'll be in contact with Fanatec ordering a new one!

That is great to hear, seems like everyone love their CSS. Since I also will be getting the CSW base V2 I assume I'll have to wait till sometime early next year before ordering them.

Just had a look into your thread, Moxley 6969, that is an impressive build I must say. I'm eager to get my stuff and get on with sim racing again, it was a couple of years since I last had a wheel.

The cockpit of a friend, Adolfo (Spain) customer Adolfo. One of the most spectacular and with 3 tv’s of 42″.

Simply Awesome.

cockpitadolfo01.jpg

cockpitadolfo06.jpg

cockpitadolfo08.jpg

cockpitadolfo02.jpg

@carloscasas How is the input lag on those TVs? I know TVs in general have some major input lag issues which makes them not suitable for sim racing, but some of them are usable, just so difficult to find out which ones are since noone posts the input lag on the website selling TVs ><

The buttons and switches where bought on ebay which cost 43 pound.
The illuminated switches with rocker covers needed a 12v supply for the leds and a relay to operate the led and the switch through the one circuit for the controller input.
So i had to fit three relays for the three switches.

I have one red 10mm led that actives when a push to talk button is pressed.
Two blue 6mm leds fitted which works with the two standard toggle switches.

I have six encoders four standard type and two with push buttons integrated.
Which cost 42 pound with knobs ,
Bought from leobondar.

I used a leobonar 32 input button box interface to connect all the buttons switches and encoders.
It is fairly simple to connect the inputs.

No soldering needed they just push into the terminal blocks.
You just have too tell the software if you have any encoders connected.
Just plug it into a usb and it just works.
It cost 30.00 pound.

The enclosure cost 10.00 pound.
I then got the carbon water print done for about 30.00 pound.

It was abit pricey over all but i enjoyed building it so it was worth it.

I dont have any pictures of the connections but it is fairly simple.
All you need is some basic hand tools,soldering iron,heat shrink and a multimeter.
If you need any help send me a message.

This is the box before everything was fitted .
image.jpg

Next i will make another smaller box to controller equipment in my room,
Wheel power cut off,fans,led lighting in the room,pc on/off,buttkicker amps on/off and maybe some usb ports aswell.

@carloscasas How is the input lag on those TVs? I know TVs in general have some major input lag issues which makes them not suitable for sim racing, but some of them are usable, just so difficult to find out which ones are since noone posts the input lag on the website selling TVs ><

Tv is SONY KDL42W705B, Input Lag 6 mms....like a monitor.

http://www.hdtvtest.co.uk/news/kdl42w705b-201402233639.htm
http://www.amazon.co.uk/product-reviews/B00HZAVA70?pageNumber=2

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back